Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Array filling shorthand does not work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have lost hour or two messing with elementary functionality of AGK.. why this is not working!! Example is from this forum and shorthand is documented in help file.. clearly shorthand is not working (1076 again)

And next question, does index start from 0 or 1, as compiler or running program does not give error and again help file does not talk about that (yes, examples use 1 as a start but 0 works fine too..so if I dim abc[10], is index 0-9 or 1-10 or 0-10 which it cant be as I dim 10 items..)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 17:15
This apparently broke in the 108 beta versions.

Assuming you are the one who posted the google issue, I tested it and confirmed it officially.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Jogimus
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not posted any issues to google.. but your post made me check my AppGameKit version... it seems to be beta!!! So I'm sorry for whining, back to 1076
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 17:28
Here is the posted issue.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course in this example you could simply do this.

I actually never use your method to add data into an array as I still use pretty old school methods. I actually didn't realize you could add in data this way until a few months ago lol! If the data you need to enter is more random, I would read the data from a saved text file, or make an editor to create one, or just read the info from a string within the code. So if you needed some other functionality from 1086 then you could work around it easily enough.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 18:32:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 18:32:43