Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to ignore contact?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 00:29
I have been testing collisions and I see a lot of functions to influence what does and does not collide, but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I would like the following:

Physics engine bounces off an object (sprite) which will be given to me in the getnextcontact sequence.

The question is: How can I leave everything the same (still bouncing) but NOT get the contact "message"?

I have tried groups, collidebits, etc, but these all influence the BOUNCING characteristics of the objects on screen AND the contacts the exact same way.

I see no IGNORE contact. I know I can use groups and ignore the contact when groups are equal or not equal, but that is a programmatic solution, that I can build into a data structure anyway.

Thanks for any and all help
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 17:14
I don't think that's possible. You have to check using groups or by storing data in an array or something similar. The getNextContact command just gets the list of contacts for the sprite stored by box2d.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 01:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 01:22:34