Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / inneractive working?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 17:06
I am trying to create a free version of one of my app, with less levels and ads from inneractive. I did all the needed configurations on the inneractive site and on AppGameKit, but no ads have been retrieved so far. I tried with my other 2 apps with ads (already published) and no ads are visible.
Anyone is experiencing problems with inneractive? I have opened a ticked, but they take a lot of time to answer
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 18:01
I have set up to use Inneractive (and might or might not in the end), but my tests have worked on all platforms.

What version of AppGameKit are you working with? And is it Tier 1 or Tier 2?

Did you remember to add the device identifier as the last bit in the string for SetInneractiveDetails? For example, using fictitious game name:
TriassicAssociates_HitTheSpot_Android
TriassicAssociates_HitTheSpot_iPhone
TriassicAssociates_HitTheSpot_iPad
TriassicAssociates_HitTheSpot_other

The string breaks down as <companyname>_<project>_<device>.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 18:28
Yes, I did everything according the rules:

Consider that currently I have got 2 other apps (KillThatBandit and AppInvadersFree) linked to inneractive, and no one is receiving ads. I am sure that they worked. I am connected to Internet via WiFi/ADSL. So I suppose that there are some problems, I would like to hear from anyone having some apps with inneractive ads...
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 18:54
Inneractive Doesn't work anymore for me since few days ...

Something is going wrong ?
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 19:52
thanks, you are confirming that there is something wrong affecting Inneractive. As soon as they answer to my trouble ticket, I'll let you know about. Maybe the web API changed, so the current 1.076 commands do not work anymore?
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 20:04
i'm on 1088 and it doesn't work .. it worked 4/5 days ago .. now i have a "fail loading gif image".
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 20:31
I just tested using my Tier 2 v1076 app and the Ad displays fine and the link works.

MarcoBruti, have you tried a different size? I use 350 and it displays well. Maybe 100 is too small?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 20:39 Edited at: 19th Jan 2013 20:45
i have tried 350 and still doesn't work. A white rectangle appears and then disappear. I haven't changed nothing .. it was working before :p

i will look in my inner-active account maybe ... strange
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 21:24
I have just tested my app which was built with 1083 I think, the inneractive advert seems to be working fine.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 21:39
I found the source of the problem. Now inneractive works only on 3G connections, not on my home WiFi-ADSL connection. I am sure that sometimes ago it worked on wireline connections too, in fact I tested the inneractive apps with the Windows PC, and the ads were shown.
I have not done any changes on the ADSL router configuration, so it should not be a matter of some TCP/UDP incoming connection not allowed. I suspect that it is a restriction of inneractive: if the request comes from a wireline network, it is not answered, if the requests comes from a wireless network, it is. Consider that my Internet connection is a wireline (fixed) connection, even if I used it at home mainly with WiFi (except for my VoIP phone and IPTV set-top-box that are connected to the router itself).
What about your experiences?
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 21:43
only a couple of things to say: the origin of the requests may be identified at least in 2 ways, example by 1) the IP addresses (some ranges belong to mobile operators, others to fixed operator) or 2) by the browser used, specified in the HTTP header (User-Agent).
Have you got any other idea?
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 21:44
i don't think it depends on connection ... lot of people plays over a wifi network and it would be "a business kill" to avoid wifi connections for advertisers.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 22:29
theoretically you are perfectly right...but for me it works with 3G and not with ADSL...my provider is Telecom Italia for both fixed and mobile, so I do not think that Telecom Italia Mobile does not block inneractive, and Telecom Italia Wireline does...maybe the firewall on my ADSL router blocks something...but I did not modify router configuration...mmmhh?
What is you network configuration that does not work?
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 22:53
Works on 3G too for me. But it's only a technical problem of their system which separate 3G and Wifi advertisements (statistics) i think.

Was working well 3/4 days ago over wifi (nothing changed on my wifi networks) and nothing appears on inner-active website about this issue.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 09:10
Working again on wifi for the moment
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 09:19
.... no more ads on wifi again lol

They really have a problem ...
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 09:35
Same as before:
PC/Windows/WiFi: NOK
GalaxyGio/Android/WiFi: NOK
GalaxyGio/Android/3G: OK

So for me Inneractive blocks every connection from ADSL, used by mobile device or fixed PC.

It is strange, because, as you stated, it should work for Android devices on WiFi Networks, since sometimes the 3G network is offloaded to the WiFi Network manually or automatically by user or app, if possible.
Connections on PC were enabled only to test.

So I cannot figure out why Inneractive should set such constraint. Maybe the issue is only with Telecom Italia (fixed - not Mobile), maybe they have configured some filter to block that traffic, or ???
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 10:13
maybe an internal problem of Inneractive...let's wait and see
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 11:29 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 11:50
experiencing problems too. My Joeism app is using tier 2 v1076. Everything seems to be working fine
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 13:40
hi guys,

i just checked both my apps with ads and they are both working.
i also checked my inneractive account and the clicks are showing up there too.

so its working for me.

Rickynzx
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 17:03
it's working over wifi with inneractive actually ?
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 22:01
for me as before: it works on 3G connection, does not work on my home WiFi/ADSL network. My Internet scoreboards are perfectly accessible both from WiFi/ADSL and 3G, so it is not a problem of my ADSL not working.
Anyway, not a big issue. Let's see the answer from Inneractive (as soon as it arrives...)
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 22:05 Edited at: 20th Jan 2013 22:20
after checking earlier today and getting ads showing in apps, ive been checking on and off all day. ads have stopped showing up in ads in both my apps, but when i have checked the inneractive site its showing that the impressions are being displayed although they are not showing up in the apps.

Rickynzx
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 22:27
Yes ... would be good but user can't click on it ... :p
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 00:29
Everything working fine today. take it, it was a small glitch.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2013 01:50
still not working for me actually...
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 21:41
answer from Inneractive.
Quote: "I checked our log files looking for the requests coming from your app id =TexasoftReloaded_RetroBikeRunnerFree_Android.
I found that you are using an old version of our Server api. I'd suggest updating your app with our current Server api."

Any idea? I already suspected that the API used by AppGameKit were not uptodate, but I can hardly correlate the older APIs with the WiFi issue.
Any idea?
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 23:17
i received the same answer from them today.

Paul ?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 02:25
I checked their API and they recommend version 2.1.0 for rich media ads, which we don't support, but it is just a parameter at the end of the query string. Switching between 1.5.3 (current) and 2.1.0 (latest) didn't produce any difference in ad results, both worked and the same ads came up. I'll change it to 2.1.0 but I don't think anything will change, sounds more like they had some down time or something.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 09:43
I agree, in fact I wrote, before the feedback from Paul:
Quote: "but I can hardly correlate the older APIs with the WiFi issue."

The answer of inneractive is not aligned with my question. Let's wait and see, this problem is not affection my huge inneractive incomes, at the moment 2.73$
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 12:07
Agree with you with the correlation ... it works in 3D

Paul, is it possible to have a future command to force an api specific version for inneractive without having to wait for next release ? (if it's only a parameter in query string it can be possible...). Obviously, an api version should be set by default
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 10:22 Edited at: 30th Jan 2013 10:23

At the same time (broadcasted) :

- Windows PC : Ads are displayed
- On nexus 10 (Android 4.2.1) ! Ads aren't displayed -i get a "error loading GIF" in the android player (when back to StandBy AppGameKit screen) ...
- On Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.2) : .. it works .. Ads are displayed !!!!
- On Samsung Galaxy Ace (Android 2.3.3) : it doesn't work ...Ads aren't displayed -i get a "error loading GIF" as the nexus 10
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 10:34
Does Android support GIFs?

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 11:20
I checked now on my Samsung Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660), Android 2.3.6, that GIF ads are correctly display on my "Kill That Bandit" app (on 3.5G connection).
Never had problems with GIF, anyway in my code I always use PNG.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 16:18
Marco,it works for you in WIFI too ?
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I must admit to not noticing any problems with adverts displaying in general, although they do fail every so often. I always use wifi to test on my phone and it tends to work 9 times out of 10, maybe 8 But I do notice that I tend to get less than half the impressions than actual requests on the iphone and android version. Not sure if that is inneractive or users using ad blocking software or such.

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 15:43
Yes, it's strange. I've tried Google AdMob and it works well all the time. There is an inner-active problem.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, if so it needs looking into, as it is hard enough to earn revenue without extra losses from bugs. Every month I pretty much get half the impression rate, than the request rate. Which even with small numbers is still a lot of revenue missed (precentage wise). The new admob commands sound like they may be more useful, as it is a more recognised brand, however simply dropping Inneractive and moving to another advertiser is not as simple as it sounds.

I'm sure most people who have released an android title and have used Inneractive for revenue are still way short of the $200 minimum needed to receive payment. So, you either hang on to try to reach it, add more apps to help reach it faster, or of course, forget whatever you have earned so far, move to admob, and hope the new revenue will be more lucrative to make up for the loss. Also, admob is only for iphone? So only iphone apps could go this route anyway.

Another thing, did anyone notice much of an upsurge in revenue over December? I had a better month than normal (record earnings to date), although hardly enough to buy a half of lager here, so not planning my vacation any time soon. Of course it will probably be years before I get paid at this rate anyway

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 16:52
Google Admob has an API for Android and iOS (and maybe others). Actually i'm only testing it on android and works well with AppGameKit Tier1
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, may be worth trying it out when the new version is ready. Still seems a shame to lose the revenue earned from inneractive so far, even if very low. I wonder if you could use both, and alternate between advert types to both increase the adverts displayed, and keep generating enough to eventually pick up your prize from inneractive also

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 17:19
Quote: " I wonder if you could use both, and alternate between advert types to both increase the adverts displayed, and keep generating enough to eventually pick up your prize from inneractive also"

It's a possibility yes

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:53:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:53:02