Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Suggestions for this app?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 00:31 Edited at: 21st Jan 2013 00:50
I'm writing my second app, which I'm planning on distributing for free, with Ads for revenue generation.
I've attached the project folder(zipped)
I'm planning on adding options (so you can control it by tilting if you want), better help files, animations and Achievements. Does anyone have other suggestions?

also: the help page is no good at the moment, here is how to play:
Click and hold on the right side on the screen to move yourself right, click on the left to move left.
By moving left and right, Dodge all the Black balls.
Red balls give you 10 points
Green balls give you 50 points
Blue balls give you an extra life
Yellow balls give you 4 lives
Pink balls hit the ground and stick there, they take away 3 lives, they last for 3 seconds

note: click the red download button at the bottom right of the post to download the zip

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It sounds like you are on the right with the feature enhancements you still plan to make. The control system could definitely be improved. How about just letting them move left with the left mouse button, and right with the right? Or a simple "Follow the Mouse" movement where the player is always moving towards your cursor. I believe either of these options feel more natural to the user on PC. You should also consider keyboard movement for the desktop version. As you mentioned, the accelerometer would be the preferred movement option to many on mobile devices.

The graphics may still be in rough form, but consider redoing them to more like traditional pencil sketches since that is the style you are going for. Perhaps draw the elements out on paper and scan them in for the most realistic effect.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 08:27
I've added some very basic Achievement's functionality
these are the achievements I have though of

and the first time I played it, I got 14 of the 17 Achievements, obviously this is no good, Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can make them last longer.
Ideas I came up with:
Make it so you can only get 1 achievement per time you play
Make them Harder
Make some of them things like: Get a total score (all your scores ever added up) of more than 10000, 50000 etc

Btw: thanks xCept, I'll Definitely try these suggestions

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 11:57
Rather than having different coloured circles as 'bonuses', you could have 'bonuses' falling from the top which hit the floor and disappear after a second or two... You could then have different coloured circles which do different things, for example, one colour could bounce off the walls for a bit rather than going straight through, another could bounce around and then explode or something, another could grow and shrink in size as it bounces around... And as for the scoring system, it could be time based. Rather than collecting, you simply just try to stay alive for as long as you can... In fact, it would probably better to incorporate several game modes, so you may as well just do both! Good Luck, its a great start...
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2013 05:38
I've attached my updated version, It's quite similar to the other one, But now you can use the keyboard. The main thing's I've added are Achievements and Animation (Bad graphics, but still animated). I've also added some game play things such as after you get a certain number of points, some bonuses stop coming, and more and more pink balls start coming, this is to make sure that the player can't play forever.
I haven't got around to making an achievements page, as this will require some 'difficult' coding (I'll have to figure out some code for a list of items), but if you click on the 'How to Play' button, it will show you what achievements you've got so far

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:33:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:33:27