Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / What kind of ZIP files does CreateZip() make?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 22:36
I've tried using WinRAR and the most recent version of PKZip to examine the contents of a file created with CreateZip() command and it shows as an empty archive.
The file's header has PK in it when I view in a binary file viewer, but I cannot discern any other info.

I'd really like to know what future plans are in store for file management and encryption.

Thanks!!

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 01:42
It should create a standard zip file, how are you adding files to it?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 02:43
Sorry, should have posted the code. I've also attached the ZIP file that it creates on my machine. The files extract OK with the ExtractZip() command.

The ZIP file has data in it and I did get it to extract once (I swear), but now I cannot get it to extract again either.
The Numbers.dat file is created in the <user>/My Documents/AGK/LongFile/media
directory as well as the ZIP file.
When I open the ZIP file with WinRAR it shows no files and I receive the following error message when attempting to extract the file with WinRAR.

It feels like I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what!
I'm using 1088 beta.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 04:28
The line

uses an empty string for the stored file name, which is probably causing the error, try

The first is the actual file, and the second is what it will be called inside the zip file.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 04:31
That was it!
Thanks, the help file made it sound like it was just looking for a path and not a file name... works though, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:27:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:27:07