Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / TGC product interoperability

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2013 18:04
hi everyone, new to TGC and still looking around and marveling at all the wonders and possibilities. while i admit i haven't done much research on the matter i was hoping perhaps i could post here and not be required to. i've taken a peek at several TGC products that seem geared to be used separately (they're sold that way) and am curious if it is possible at all for them to be used together.

for example: could a zone be designed in 3D world studio or dark game studio and then imported into realm crafter? how well do these different programs/products interoperate together? i have a project in mind that would involve three different games... an arcade style (think angry birds and the like) one for mobile apps, a strategy web based one, and an MMO one. i'd want data and input from each of these to be accessible and influence the others in a dynamic way. the players of the strategy game providing data for NPC factions in the MMO, arcade activity providing data for npc interactions in the strategy game and so on. the general idea being that the actions of each community would help the overall game evolve and allow players to directly influence their environments. i realize that some custom development would probably be necessary and that wouldn't be a major issue. my question is do the various TGC softwares lend themselves to making this easier or would i be better off having a custom solution designed from scratch?
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
No, you would not be able to use realm crafter and 3d world maker together, or indeed with any other TGC product to my knowledge. Realmcrafter is not actually a TGC product, they just sell it. It is pretty much dedicated to PC mmorgs, and you would have to use the tools provided to make games. You certainly won't be able to go multi device with it as far as I am aware.
The only TGC product that could do this is AGK/Freedom Engine as it is the only cross platform tool they provide. Everything else is mainly windows based. A game like you suggest would be very complicated to get to work and has been attempted before, just do a search for Savage (I think that was the games name.)
Most products TGC sell will be for Dark Basic or FPS Creator, but you will have to search about to see for yourself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:10:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:10:47