Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / db pro only compiles and runs original file not saved changed version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 03:36
I must be missing something basic,I can see the correct name and file path in the project,but the save compile and run command results in compiling and running an older version of the project not the current file that I have currently on the editor and which I have saved. The new version will only run if I completely close dbpro and open the file or project by clicking on it in its window where it is stored.Do I need to use a command to clear the area that stores the file that the compiler is going to compile?I do use cls in my program and I can tell that the old program is running not just displaying old screen contents.Does db store the file to compile in a temporary location rather than going to the saved location each time because that is what it seems like it is doing.any ideas? thanks
Ones and Zeros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 15:28
Do you have more than one file in your program? Are you just selecting Save or are you using Save All? Try it with the Save All.
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 16:47
I've had this problem before and I am pretty sure DBP using a temp file was the culprit. It's been so long and I don't have DBP in front of me, but I'd look in temp folders for something like 'temp.dbp', 'temp.exe', or something along those lines.

It could possibly be a application privilege issue also. Make sure that you are running DBP in admin mode? It could have the old file in Program Files and not allow DBP to delete/replace it.

Not sure, but hopefully this info gives a place to look into! Best of luck!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
ludovico
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 03:17
thanks for the responses, Ill try using save all,but the problem occurs even when I only have one file.I am running as administrator since vista won't let dbp write to any location otherwise.dbp does write to a temp folder if the file still has the name untitled which it has when you first open a new file or new project, but since I named my file it shoulden't be in the temp folder also because I saved it to a different location not the temp folder.Perhaps I need to store files in the same folder that contains dbp, I'll try that too.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:53:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:53:50