Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Edit Box on Android - does not Set Focus or Lose Focus after ENTER

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 17:28
I am developing a record look up App for the Android where the user inputs a code into an EditBox and the record is found and displayed.

All works fine on the PC during development where I am setting the initial EditBox Focus and the cursor blink and after inputting text followed by the Return key all works great...

Broadcast to my Adroid tablet however and the EditBox is not in Focus unless I touch it and then I can enter text but it does not Lose Focus when I press Enter... I have to touch the screen anywhere for it to proceed...

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 17:41
What version of AppGameKit are you using?

And where did you get your Player from?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Rudders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 19:54
I am using the 108 beta and downloaded the App from Google Play for the Android. running on Asus TF300 Tablem Android 4
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 20:10
Okay, there are multiple versions of 108 beta. The current (best) one is v1088 and that should be the one you use.

And the Google Play version of the Player has not been up to date since before v1065 and so totally does not support anything in v108+.

This page has a working v1088 Android Player.

Try that one and see if your problem goes away (or changes).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Rudders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 09:42
Hi and thanks for your help..

I am using AppGameKit 1088 and I have now installed the Android 1088 Player, however still no joy!

The EditBox is initially in Focus as you can enter text straight off but the Enter key (on the attached keyboard) does not 'Lose' focus.

I notice that there is no cursor blinking in the EditBox on the Android but if you type entry is accepted when the EditBox has Focus.

It is now more difficult to lose the Focus from the EditBox which was possible with a single touch to the screen, now it is very hit and miss.

I do have two Edit Boxes on screen for the user to select but if the second Edit Box is not selected by the user, Focus remains with the Initial code entry EditBox.

Once again the PC version is working without any problems!

Frustrating or what?
Rudders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 09:48
Hi again,

I have decided to remove the second EditBox from my code until this problem is resolved so as not to muddy the waters with EditBox Focus control.

I will edit the code and test again...

Back soon with results
Rudders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 10:16
Ok... Better understand what is going on now!

The problem on the Android appears to be that pressing the 'Return' key after entering text into a TextBox is not losing Focus of the EditBox.

By touching the screen anywhere the Focus is lost from the EditBox.

Is this simply a Beta Version issue?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 15:13
Fixed for next version, pressing back or return will lose focus on the currently selected edit box
Rudders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 15:16
Thanks, is there an anticipated release date for next version, Beta or otherwise?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:04:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:04:11