Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Code editing deleting to the left of cursor instead of the right.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 17:32
Not sure how to even try and search for this so I'm just going to ask. This has happened to me several time now and its somewhat frustrating. I'm typing away enering code and see a mistake or the am told of an issue when I try to compile. When I scroll to the code and click into the line to edit the code I have the letter to the left of the cursor deletes instead of to the right. Or the spacebar puts the space to the left. I don't know what key I may have hit to turn this function (if it is a function of the IDE) on. But it only is on that line of code. If I switch to different line of code things work fine. Maybe I have a key sticking so a combination of keys does this, really scratching my head on this one. Thanks for any ideas.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 19:12
The default editor is kinda buggy, and on several occasions I've had it display the text differently than it believed it was stored. It'd show the code with tabs, but trying to select text it's as if everything is shifted over, making it appear my actions were not where the cursor was.

Doesn't happen all the time, I have no idea how to fix it. Just the result of a crummy editor.

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 20:18
As Phaelax said, the IDE is buggy at times. You could try minimizing/restoring the IDE or close/reopen.

You might also be interested in an alternative editor. Balid's Indigo has a decent userbase, it's attractive, and it seems to be updated pretty often with bug fixes and new features.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2013 05:21
Quote: "I have no idea how to fix it."

The sollution: cut all the code and then paste it again

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 18:00
I meant permanently.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 22:38
just save the code and it will be permanent

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 22:58
For that specific code perhaps, but what's causing it in the first place? That's the real issue. I think the editor just doesn't handle tabs properly.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2013 01:24
well, yeah, it's a bug in the editor. Only solution is to cut and paste all the codes and save

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:18:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:18:35