Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do I use adaptive bloom by Bond1?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
That's the question. I downloaded it and put it into my game. It does the "bloom" part just fine, but the "adaptive" part isn't working. I don't understand a lot about effect files, but I think it's possible that "adaptive" was disabled. Here is the exact .fx file I'm using. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?

The fastest code is the code never written.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2013 19:22
Dunno, it was working out of the box here.
But if you see a bloom, then it should be working already

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I know, right? The effect I'm trying to get is when the camera is pointed toward the sun, the glare from it will cause everything else to look darker on the screen, but when looking away from the sun, everything "brightens" to normal. Like what you see in the video: walking through the tunnel to the outside, the tunnel is dark and the outside is almost a white-out. When you go back inside, the tunnel looks its normal illumination. When you go outside, the "white-out" normalizes over a short period of time and the outside looks normal..... I hope I explained it well enough......

Here is the post that has the video I mentioned:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177210&b=24

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 14:33
Yes ok, but the shader only turns brighter or bloomy the white things, it doesn't turn darker the other objects.
Of course this can be achieved too, but it is not what this shader does.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe I'm correct in saying if I turn the camera toward a bright object (like the sun), the shader should cause it to overpower the scene. When I turn the camera away, the scene should *look* darker and then brighten back to normal. If this isn't what the shader is supposed to do, then what is it doing in the video? I don't understand how to make it work like that......

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2013 10:19 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2013 10:19
Alright, are you feeding 'ViewSize'?

Also, please have changed the VS compiled version,

VertexShader = compile vs_1_1 VS();

to

VertexShader = compile vs_2_0 VS();

Other than that, you know how this works, please post your code so anyone can test it out

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. ViewSize is the screen width and height..... I already changed the vs_1_1 to vs_2_0.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2013 19:45
Quote: "I already changed the vs_1_1 to vs_2_0."

All of them? It is difficult to say from here...

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I changed it after the original post to see if that was the problem.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 17:08
Well, I do not see it changed at the only snippet that you posted. Sorry for the confusion.
This should work more or less like the regular blomm shader, got it working or not?

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't re-post the shader code, I just changed it on my computer-- but I did change it to 2_0. It works, but I don't get the "bleed" around objects like I do with "Multi Post-Process Shader by bond1". It's not the effect I was looking for, but I can make it work.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2013 16:21 Edited at: 16th Feb 2013 16:22
I have a sample somewhere and I'll try to post it, but sorry that I'm away of that PC and I don't have much time at the moment.

Other than that, as said, please paste your own sample so we (and people around) can work it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:57:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:57:41