Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Does v108 for iOS require iOS6?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 15:47
I am looking at the v1088 player and templates for iOS (T2) and noticed that I cannot compile them with the iOS 5 SDK (Xcode 4.4).

(Details: libAGKiOS.a depends on the new libGoogleAdMobAds.a, which in turn depends on the StoreKit framework, which is only available in iOS 6 and later).

Does this also mean that iOS apps created with v108x require iOS 6?
Or does it just mean that you need a newer version of Xcode with the iOS 6 SDK to build the app, but that it still runs on older iOS versions?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 15:56 Edited at: 6th Feb 2013 16:00
v1088 does not require iOS 6.

Once you sign up with Apple as an iOS Developer (if you haven't already), it is recommended that you use Xcode 4.5 to be consistent with what they expect.

But, as long as you set the deployment target to 4.3, your v1088 should work on all iOS devices.

Since I use Xcode 4.5.2, that is what the templates I posted on the AppGameKit Wiki Templates page are created for. Sorry.

And I suspect that the Xcode iOS Player project was built using Xcode 4.5 as well. Apple encourages us to use the most recent stuff.

EDIT: Xcode 4.5 is required if you want to publish something that will work in iOS 6.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Neslib
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 16:20
Thanks for your detailed answer. That is what I was hoping for!

I was just a bit worried because the app will link to an iOS6-only framework. But as long as that framework isn't used when the app is run on an iOS5-device, then that should be OK.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 17:16
Everything I've tested on my iPod Touch (iOS 5.1) works fine.

But I haven't done anything serious in v1088, just the player and testing a couple of minor things.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 16:10:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 16:10:51