Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / object screen x/y

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, guys there is this thing when using object screen command with some spirtes over objects.Sometimes it shows them in full size and sometimes 1/4, i think it depends what is the position of the object from the camera.I want the sprites at full size no matter of the object distance.This is really strange.

Coding is My Kung Fu!
And My Kung Fu is better than Yours!
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 13:09
Sprites doesn't change size deppending on camera position....but you could make your own function that deppends on the distance of a hidden object. Can you show us a bit of code?....maby someone could help.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 13:40
Sprites will appear to change their size when using different screen resolutions, 3D objects locked to the screen will adjust themselves so they are proportionally identical.

You'll have to resize your sprites.

TheComet

http://blankflankstudios.tumblr.com/
"You're all wrong. You're all idiots." - Fluffy Rabbit
"Bottom line, people are retarded." - Fluffy Rabbit
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 16:31 Edited at: 19th Feb 2013 16:46

I write these lines and the same sprite shows in different sizes at diferent object position.Some full size some 1/4 as it apears.I think it should be only full or only 1/4 if resolution is the issue.

EDIT: Nevermind i figured it out.It's because i recycle some ID of other sprites that are previously scalled down to 50%.Recycling good for nature, bad for dbpro.

Coding is My Kung Fu!
And My Kung Fu is better than Yours!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:21:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:21:45