Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Eclipse - can't find projects

Author
Message
BatVink
Moderator
16
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 4th Apr 2003
Location: Gods own County, UK
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 21:31 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2013 21:31
This is bizarre, any explanation gratefully received!

Here you can see 5 projects. I have my standard Android Projects for 1076 and 1087. There is also a template project from 1076 that gets picked up and facebook from 1087. Finally there is my app, ten_sig.



You can see that ten_sig is in the root of my Android folder structure. If I put it in 1076/IDE/apps - where it belongs - then Eclipse will not find any projects!

Once in the root, everything is fine. I thought it was a conflict with interpreter_android which it was copied from, but if I move interpreter_android to the root instead, it still fails. I have changed the app name in .project and AndroidManifest.xml.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Moderator
16
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 4th Apr 2003
Location: Gods own County, UK
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 21:43
This leads to further problems. Eclipse thinks I've modified the .project file, probably because it has moved on disk. If I try to do the cygwin compile from the J:\Android\ten_sig folder, it won't compile. It's probably a path issue, but I don't know anything about cygwin to solve this.





Ancient Lady
Valued Member
15
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 21:49
In response to your first post, you should only import one project at a time.

Also, your Android project, ten_sig, should be in the same basic path as your other ones. Either in IDE/templates or IDE/apps so that it can find all the correct include files and libraries.

For your second post, look in the log.txt file to see what the complaint is. The compile process always says 'recipe for target <whatever>' when a compile or link fails.

My guess is that it cannot find the include files it needs, because it isn't in the same general area as the core AppGameKit stuff in order to use relative file references.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
BatVink
Moderator
16
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 4th Apr 2003
Location: Gods own County, UK
Posted: 3rd Mar 2013 23:05
Thanks AL.

1. Just one project at a time. Yes, I'm doing that but it's good to confirm that this is the way it should be done.

2. You're definitely right, it doesn't matter how much I copy down to the root, it still complains.

I have restarted and this time it has worked. I can't say what the issue was, it didn't come to mind as I went back through it.

In the last couple of minutes, I've uploaded to my Nexus 4 and it's working like a ddream

Thanks for the help, it got me back in the right direction.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
15
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 00:27
Always glad to see success.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-08-24 06:14:16
Your offset time is: 2019-08-24 06:14:16