Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / IOS submission - Missing Push Notification WARNING

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 15:16 Edited at: 4th Mar 2013 15:17
Today I tried to submit a very simple test app i made to see if an AppGameKit app goes through the Apple review process.

I immediately got this warning. I am using the latest 108 beta and do not use ant Push Notifications whatsoever

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 15:47
Seems like they are bothered about the fact that AppGameKit has this built in. Even if you don't use it, it's there. The problem with the current state of AppGameKit is that there's only 1 version with all in it. You cannot pick and choose what to include. At least not in T1, don't know about T2.

Demo 3 is out now!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 16:13 Edited at: 4th Mar 2013 16:13
It probably applies to T2 as well, since the libraries compiled with are the same ones that T1 gets built with (in essence, anyway).

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 17:40
Hi, I ask Paul about this;

A nuisance but not a problem. It means Apple is detecting that the app has built in push notifications but your app hasn't registered on the provisioning portal to use them.

As long as you don't call the push notification commands there will be no problem. And as long as Apple don't decide to reject such cases in future.

Let us know how you get on.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I will let you know if the app is approved or rejected.

By the way, this was a T2 test app.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 21:22
You should be fine. But you will get this warning every time.

Quote: "If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning."

Demo 3 is out now!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It won't be rejected for that issue alone. However, if the "test app" you made is not very complete, Apple may reject it on that grounds after review with the notice: "We found that your app appears to be a pre-release, test, or trial version with a limited feature set. Apps that are in beta form, or that are for demonstration or trial purposes only, are not appropriate for the App Store and are not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines."
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Xcept the app is complete, I have 3 other "test" apps on my ios account approved by Apple and set with a release date of 31 Dec 2013.

I always do simple 1-function apps to test new language and make sure that I know the process from start to finish before I start a real project with that language!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
app has not passed validation

We found that your app crashed upon launch on iPad 3rd Gen. running iOS 6.1.2, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

This occurred when your app was used:

- On Wi-Fi
- On cellular network

The funny thing is that i tested on ipad3 and it works perfectly at my end!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2013 20:00
What version of iOS do you have on your iPad 3?

And, what version of Xcode are you working with?

What do you have set as your 'Deployment Target' ('Summary' tab for target, 'Info' tab for project) and what is your 'Base SDK' under the 'Build Settings' tab for project/target?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Did Apple attach any crash logs along with their rejection notice? If If so, maybe you can post them and others can help troubleshoot why it happened. If not, I find Apple's rejection notice to be quite infuriating.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
My Ipad3 is running the latest version of ios6

I have the very latest Xcode4 and AppGameKit 108beta

Base SDK is 6.1 and base Target is 4.3

According to Apple the problem happened when they tried the app with an internet connection on.

This is a very simple test app I am not pulling any data from anywhere online. The only "online" thing i am using is inneractive ads

Am I the first one to try to publish an app with AppGameKit 108 ?

I submitted another test app (not using AGK) 3 weeks ago and all was fine.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Xcept, obviously they included a crash report, but I am not knowledgeable enough to make out what might be wrong...

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2013 22:12
From the crash log I can tell you it was an Obj-C exception being thrown that ended the app, but it doesn't say what caused it, nor what the exception was.

You could try adding an exception breakpoint in XCode and seeing if it ever gets triggered on your device, go to the breakpoints tab and click the + in the very bottom right corner of the window, choose "add exception breakpoint", make sure it says "break: on throw", then click done and run the app. The only thing I can think of is the exception might be caught on your device but not on theirs.
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Crash log symbolication provides more info, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1460892/symbolicating-iphone-app-crash-reports this answer might help to decode the log

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
app works fine on my iphone 3gs and ipad3 and on the ios simulator! doesn't crash here so that's why i asked if anyone managed to publish an agk app done in the latest 1088 beta

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:40:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:40:45