Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / simple array

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 18:01
Hi,
I can't get a simple single array to work, it states array name is not valid, even the simple agk text printing example throws up the same error.

I am not a newbie, but have just got back into programming after 10 years away, never had a problem with db. I am using V107

thanks
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 18:08
Are you using [] instead of () ? This is the significant difference in AGK

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 18:24
If it is not the case of brackets over parenthesis, can you show the code for the line in question (and a couple before and after to be sure that it isn't something other than that line actually causing the issue)?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 18:41
Quote: "Are you using [] instead of () ? This is the significant difference in AGK"

Oh don't get me started on this

I've been seeing another language on the side and without thinking - due to the other language syntax - used parenthesis on an array in AGK.

Took ages to track down, as the compiler just blew out the failure error (the one we are all so familiar with, with the big minus number )

Keep meaning to log that one.
itsmeagain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 16:42
Hi,
I did check for the [] brackets after using {} but missed one, doh! In my defence I only checked once as the example "text printing" gave the same error so stopped looking further, that also now works for some odd reason.

I thought after being away from programming for 10 years I would be a bit rusty, but it's worse than that ha ha

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 16:51:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 16:51:19