Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v1088 Tier 1 FaceBook issue on iOS

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2013 17:53 Edited at: 14th Mar 2013 17:58
I was testing issue #510 in the google list today and discovered something.

When I was not able to verify the issue for an Android Player (I tested on three different devices and all allowed manual logging into my Facebook Account), I decided to see what happens in iOS.

My iPad 2 (iOS 6.1) is set up with my FaceBook account. So, when I ran the test code using the iOS v1088 Player (self-built), it attempted to log in automagically. And it failed with the following message:
Quote: "AGKPlayer is misconfigured for Facebook login. Press Okay to go back to the application without connecting to Facebook."

At the bottom of the pop-up, it did recognize my correct Facebook name.

So, I decided to see if it was a Player issue and created a Tier 1 app and tested that with the same results.

So, I tried a Tier 2 version, and it crashed on the agk::FacebookLogin() command.

Here is my test code, based on my posted template_ios_xcode4_v1088_al_tweak project:

The header file looks like this:

EDIT: The crash (when run from Xcode) ends up with this display in the center panel:

And Thread 1 in the left panel shows:

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2013 01:29
after multiple test, the facebook login callback Sometimes crashes(with your version lady (my FB app is misconfigured due to key hashes but it should not crash when coming back to the android app!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2013 02:37
So it is an inconsistent thing in Android Tier 1. But that still makes it a bug.

And it is 100% a bug for iOS, Tier 1 and Tier 2.

I flagged it as confirmed on the TGC AppGameKit CT site.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:51:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:51:08