Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Questions about Dark GDK .Net / Still being worked on? / can you install it in Visual Studio 2012

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all.

Is this project still be worked on? There hasn't been any new messages for a long while I see. Also is it possible to install this in Visual Studio 2012?
Ravencraft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 11:29
As far as I can tell, the project is dead. TGC has been pouring it's efforts into AppGameKit and FPSC, but may at some time come back to finish DarkGDK.net 2.0. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Your second question is easily answered by looking at about a dozen posts below yours. It can be installed on VS 2012, but requires a little futzing to get any of the examples to work correctly.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 13:25
There is a tutorial video to install it with VS 2010 here at the forum...

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2013 23:34
In answer to your question, it has ceased presently due to AppGameKit and the cross platform support provided by the system.

Although the main installation is quite old now, it has been installed on Windows 7 and it does function using the latest development tools. The only difficulty would be to bring the project templates up to date.

Paul.

jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 11:10
I upgraded the dark helper platform to 2012. Ill get back to making the dark workd editor soon , but you can still use the template to access all the other dark gdk functions. For now Im going to check out the agk and see what all the buzz is about

" The best slaves are the ones who think they are free. "
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 23:43
jojoofu,

As far as I'm aware, there is a .NET wrapper for AppGameKit as well, although I have not personally looked at it. Also, the 3D functions in the 1.08 beta release are working but not completely implemented (they're working on it as we speak).

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:10:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:10:21