Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Free Code - Image Joiner

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2013 23:03 Edited at: 24th Mar 2013 23:14
This is some memblock code I haven't fully tested yet but I'm going to use it for spritesheet creation in my Character Workshop.

All it does it join 2 images together either horizontally or vertically into one image. I haven't tested it much but it seems to work and I'll share any future fixes too

EDIT: code updated

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 16:53
Hey baxslash, thanks for sharing this. Looks like a handy bit of code and the kind of thing that would send me cross eyed writing!

Hope that means your character workshop is going well too. That was looking great last time I checked it out.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 21:09
Thanks Lucas!

Well I'm trying to make a simple set of functions for creating spritesheets from a set of images. The Character Workshop now produces a set of power of two sized frames from any animation so using this I should be able to knock up a spritesheet pretty easily when I get time. I've made a huge set of code for the character workshop for my current project that will take a heck of a lot of time to make completely useful to the general public so what I'm considering is making it a tool for making character spritesheets to start with and add the animation output when it's completely 'tidy'.

The tool is heavily in use now but I'd also like to make the UI much more friendly before putting it out there too.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2013 23:12 Edited at: 24th Mar 2013 23:25
Here is a spritesheet I just made using the image joining code which needed a slight adjustment. Really pleased with being able to make full spritesheets from my editor without any hard work positioning characters or using third party software to join images together. Once you've animated your character you just select the number of frames and it exports the current animation to a spritesheet that is power of 2 for each frame. It scales the character down to the highest possible power of 2 frame size automatically.

Original size 3072x3072

I can pretty much tart up the GUI and it will be a really useful tool for programmers like me who aren't great at art

Attachments

Login to view attachments
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2013 20:01
That would be useful. Good work.

All you need now is a spreadsheet of Garfield pouncing and thusly beating the living cr*p out of Odie!

My hovercraft is full of eels

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 15:43:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 15:43:17