Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / SetObjectTransparency on instanced objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 20:39
Does it work? While it seems to work on regular objects, instanced objects seem to become invisible when I set transparency.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 21:34
Transparency doesn't seem to cause problems, but in the process of testing I did discover that setting the original object as invisible would cause the instance to become invisible. I've fixed that for the next beta.
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2013 22:16
Quote: "
I've fixed that for the next beta
"

Thank you very much!
wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 04:03
Even with the original object not set to invisible I still don't see the instance after setting transparency on it. This is in tier2 btw, if that makes any difference.

Another thing I've noticed as I was testing I tried setting the original object to visible (also tried just leaving it at default, which is also visible) and setting its position to way off the screen (1000, 1000, 1000) yet the original object doesn't seem to move. It's always at 0, 0, 0.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 14:57
Can you post some source code, as I can't replicate the issue.
wargasmic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 18:42
I figured out the problem. It seems like the original object MUST have an image applied to it otherwise the instance won't show. You can set whatever image you like to the instanced object but the original must also have an (any) image.

The original object doesn't need to be set to transparent either, but must be set to visible.

I am now just assigning the original object a 2x2 transparent image and setting the correct image on the instance and choose to have the original object set to transparent so it's not visible.

If you want the instanced object not to be transparent you need to manually set it after creating the instance.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 01:46:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 01:46:05