Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [DarkGDK 2] Debugging the engine's dll calls?

Author
Message
Rudolpho
13
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 28th Dec 2005
Location: Sweden
Posted: 27th Mar 2013 13:33
Lately my application has begun crashing seemingly at random.
This only happens when the debugger is attached and it always seems to be caused by the dbSync function attempting to access an invalid pointer (it either fails with an access violation attempting to read an offset to a null pointer or to a 0xfeefee (free'd heap memory) pointer).
This is getting very annoying since I cannot see what is actually causing the issue since there seems to be no debug symbols in the dlls.

I know that most people don't bother with DGDK2 any longer but my program has come a long way and I'm not willing to revert it back to DGDK1.
Might somebody know how to go about this still though; I'm guessing one could perhaps rebuild the plugin source from the DarkBASIC repository with debug information but I'm not sure about the specifics.


Thanks in advance,
Rudolpho


"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Parry
AGK Developer
9
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 16th Dec 2009
Location: Swampstone
Posted: 15th May 2013 19:15 Edited at: 15th May 2013 22:59
Same here, a project that is crashing randomly at the dbSync() but it seems to occur only after loading a object. Also sometimes crashes when loading a object. It seemed to work okay once everything was loaded.

I remember reading somewhere on these forums not the use automatic object number assigning and assign object numbers manually. I wrote code to do this (below) but now have the dbSync() problem after updating Blitz Terrain...

Back to the App Game Kit for me...


Timidon
14
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 26th Jun 2005
Location: Bakersfield, Ca. USA.
Posted: 18th May 2013 02:59
I had a similar experience I updated the game engine. dll adding darknet, after a few successful runs. I started coding again, then suddlen I got a exception error at dbsync line at the main entry, tried for a hour to figure out what was wrong, finaly just went back to a eariliar version with the new game engine. dll and worked from there, no issues since, other than a darknet conversion is missing some commands.

Well good luck hunting bug down.

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-09-18 12:15:03
Your offset time is: 2019-09-18 12:15:03