Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / GCMIntentService.java in this last AGK version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2013 20:42 Edited at: 28th Mar 2013 20:43
Hi everyone,

I am compiling with eclipse using the last version of AGK.

According to readme.txt (folder: IDE\apps\interpreter_android_prebuilt) You must

Quote: "
Open GCMIntentService.java and change the package field at the top to your chosen package, after the change it will be underlined in red, hover over it and when a popup appears choose "Move ..."
"

In the folder interpreter_android_prebuilt, I don't find that file... I can't change GCMIntentService.java... This file doesn't exist.

Is it necessary that file? Where is it?

Thanks
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2013 14:28
I got stuck there too... In the end, I just ignored it along with all the other files mentioned in the README.txt file. I have since been able to create .apk files so I am assuming this isn't required (for Tier 1 at least)...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2013 15:40
I found the file, it is in the template_android/src/com/mycompany/mytemplate directory.

It is apparently also supposed to be in the prebuilt one, somehow.

The only suggestion I have is copying the mycompany directory to interpreter_android_prebuilt/src/com directory.

And you should probably change the name from 'mycompany' to whatever you are using in your main package (eg. for com.yourcompany.yourapp, change it to 'yourcompany').

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok! Thanks!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 06:53
Actually seems that it is not needed at... or at least my game compiles fine with out it.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 23:10 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2013 18:31
Went back through and added this without a hitch.
Here's the specific instructions for those also looking to do so:

Copy this directory
src\com\mycompany
from your IDE/apps/template_android
directory to your IDE/apps/interpreter_android_prebuilt
directory before any of the steps in the README.txt

If doing it after the fact then the steps remain the same, once you move the folder to your eclipse project's directory you'll see a red flag on the file, open the GCMIntentService.java file rename the com.mycompany.mytemplate
to your company's name and your project's name.
Save the file so it updates, the red flag should persist.
In the file editor window you can hover over the red warning and you'll have the option to Move the file to a suggested location. Just click on Move... and you should be all set.

This process is so much easier than before (and it works!).

EDIT: Corrected directory name thanks to lilpissywilly

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 23:24 Edited at: 1st Apr 2013 23:25
Maybe I should go back and do the same... Originally I just omitted the steps in the README file and everything worked fine. In fact I've even loaded an app to the Google Play store ha...

Either way though, this is definitely a much easier process!!
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 00:03
I feel that the safety of having it done "right" was worth the 5 minutes I invested in fixing it.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 00:51
Agreed! I've got to do a couple minor updates to my app so will have a go at fixing it then...
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 16:02 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2013 16:23
Quote: "from your IDE/apps/interpreter_android "

It's in the "template_android" folder for me, and presumably everyone else. Going to give this a go.

Are we supposed to click the "export signed...." when we compile the APK for Google Play? Only I get a load of errors then from the lint check. Mainly in the facebook.apk.

Edit: After turning off all the lint checks it does work to export as a signed APK. But is this needed? Where does the license key go that Google provides?

My hovercraft is full of eels
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 18:38
@lilpissywilly-
Thank you for the correction! I'm afraid I committed a cardinal sin and did not thoroughly check my instructions. I've made an edit to the post to fix it.

Not sure if "export signed" is needed, but I've not published yet...I can say this is the first I've heard of it. I don't even seem to have the option, all i have is File>Export and then it forces me to use a keystore. When I do this I select where the keystore file is saved. Not sure if that is transferred to Google though. I'm using Eclipse 4.2.2, so perhaps what I see is different from your view.

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 20:30
Hm no. You can pick export signed in the Android Tools where you fix properties.

But I can answer this myself now, it's not needed for getting games on the market

Actually neither is the "GCMIntentService.java" stuff, the build I submitted doesn't have this. I inserted it as per your instructions in the new build and it compiled fine

My hovercraft is full of eels
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2013 20:33
I see, wasn't even aware that option existed. I've always just used export from the File menu.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:48:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:48:10