Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2013 05:30 Edited at: 24th Apr 2013 20:05

THE GAME is a new indie horror game that I am producing in preparation for FPSC Reloaded. I am currently apart of a team of 1. So production is a little slower than I would like. But, production is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to have a complete working/stable build before summer. (note: "I'm hoping" this is not a promise; this is a goal, that may or may not be met)

Story:

You wake up, dazed and confused. This place is not where you went to sleep the night before. In fact, you have never seen the place at all. (I know not real original, but it is going to be a free game. So deal with it) You soon learn that you have been taken and placed in this place as a part of a sick game for some one's entertainment.

Screens:
(Sorry for the dark screen shots. My computer monitor is much brighter)(I also just brightened the screens up a bit.)

SgtBrown5
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2013 22:05
Good looking screens so far, although a bit dark on some of them.

Also consider changing the stock huds away for something custom. The simpler the hud the better, for a horror game that is (I think)

And a cliché start, but whatever lol I'm not complaining.

A promising start for this game, the game.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
SgtBrown5
Years of Service
User Offline
All new huds are in the works. I wanted to get most of the core game done before I really dive into the flashy stuff.

And as for the lighting, a lot of the places are lit decently (at least on my computer) and you start the game with a flash light. I was trying to show off more the scene and how the graphics would look more than how game play was going to be in these first screen shots.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it

SgtBrown5
SgtBrown5
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow just looked at the screens on a different computer. They are extremely dark! I will have to work on that.

I will be needing some beta testers soon to help me work out some of those problems.

SgtBrown5
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 07:54
I'll beta test, no worries. Don't feel there's any rush to get anything out, if anything take your time. I won't really be going anywhere.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 08:02
Must...not...say it...

But the screens look good, a bit dark, but good.

Cheesehead for life.
SgtBrown5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 08:34 Edited at: 4th Apr 2013 08:37
thanks guys.

@ Burger: And it will definitely be a little while before it is ready for beta testing. I got a lot on my plate for the next few weeks. But after that I'm hopping it will clear up and I can really sit down and hammer out the rest of the game.

Rough estimate of where I'm at now is around 25% to 30% done, and that's after two pretty intense weeks of working on it. just to give you an idea of where I'm at.

Thanks for any advice/support guys!

SgtBrown5
SgtBrown5
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys just a quick update: Production is at a stand still. I had some technical difficulties with my computer. I have most of them sorted out now. But with school and work it has been difficult to get myself re motivated. So I am official pushing back my goal for completion to the end of summer.

I might be making a quick little teaser trailer of what I have so far, some time in the near future.

Once again thanks for any of the advice. I love to hear what you guys have to think about it.

SgtBrown5

SgtBrown5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:33:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:33:41