Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Text input issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2013 11:11
Hi all

I have a real simple text edit...enter players name etc. no frills.

However, the text edit box appears as i have programmed it which is great, but android also throws another text edit box up where the input is physically typed. So my screen shows my programmed text edit box and what seems like a system text edit box....i only want one of them....i dont care which but just one!

Ay ideas people?

Win 7 64bit, AppGameKit for Pascal (1076).

Where is the digital?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2013 16:30
That is the way it works on iOS. But I haven't seen it happen on my Android devices. At least not in Tier 2 v1076.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2013 22:35 Edited at: 30th Mar 2013 22:36
I had the same "issue", then I realized that it happens because the edit box is on the lower portion of the screen, and would be covered by the keyboard when it pops up so the solution AppGameKit uses is to use the "system text edit box". I do agree though, it does look odd.

Also, to me it seems like edit boxes don't like Android keyboards that have swype and or text prediction enabled. Can you confirm?

Sean

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2013 05:47
That might explain why it doesn't pop up on my Android apps. I positioned the Edit Box so that it is in the upper area of the display.

But it is actually still necessary (in v1076 anyway) to deliberately create the pop-up input box for iOS.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:07:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:07:19