Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / How to set Mac app icon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 04:54
I just got through building my first Mac app and, after modifying the CoreForApp.h to the proper window size, it works great! I did somehow manage to duplicate all of my assets incorrectly, but I can figure that out later.
My only problem is no matter what I do the icon ends up being an icon that is a couple sheets of paper, pencils, and a ruler.

I'm attaching some screen shots of my XCODE project in case anyone can help point out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 16:51
You need to create an icon.icns file that has all the icon/app store images.

Somewhere in the AppGameKit community created a great tool "ICNS Icon Creator" that takes a single (large) image and creates all of the images needed for the Mac app in the icons.icns file.

Search for it in the Mac App Store. It is worth it. All you need to do is create your a single image. The original image is sized for the App Store and all the smaller ones get created from it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 20:38
I'll give it a shot, thanks!
It is so weird that XCODE shows the ico just fine and acts like it will use it. Can't say I liek the behavior of Macs so far

Thanks for the help!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 21:52
What version of AppGameKit and XCode are you using?

I've been surprisingly pleased with my Mac and how generally easy it makes things. Unless I actually want to get into the dirty details (like on my Windows and Linux PCs) and then it makes it difficult.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2013 21:56
AGK 1089 and Xcode 4.6.1
AGK's no problem, just trying to change any of those gritty details are unnecessarily difficult. I also really don't like the way they do context sensitive menus. I could complain for an hour about it, but I'll get used to it soon enough!

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2013 07:48
Oh thx to propose my app!!! (ICNS icon Creator)

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:42:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:42:43