Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 108 Beta 10

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 15:58 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 16:01
108 beta 10 is now available for download.

Changelog
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 16:41 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 16:43
Is the weird exit app bugg with virtual buttons also fixed?
It seams to be similar to the old sprite bug ?

Makes the app crash at exit if you dont have a check Before on if it exist or not in the loop when using it.

I have also noticed a weird bug with the agk Point light where its position seams messed and broken.

I wrote a shader to use the Point light to use its position but had to rewrite and use manual input in to the shader instead.

Its something with how agk send position for its Point lights that is messed up.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 16:48
I've not seen any problems with those two areas, if you can recreate the problem please post it to the issues board http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 18:18
I will try to wipp up something soon but have my hands full with van bs and my dungeon game on my small spare time.

The thing i found whas that when i moved in a certain distanc on its z or x depth in 3d space so did the agk light position not update its position anymore.

Seams like it frooze or something? (only the light position didt update anymore.)
I first thought it whas my code?
But when i replaced it with this.
SetShaderConstantByName( BasicShader, "PLightPos", getobjectx(Fireball), getobjecty(Fireball), getobjectz(Fireball), 1000.0 )
And removed the agk_ in the name in the shader so did it work as it should.

But one note is that a short while after so did the agk player on the phone update it self?
Could be one issue?

The virtual button bug whas simple to solve .

if GetvirtualButtonExists(1) then if GetVirtualButtonReleased(1)

Or my app crashes.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 18:38
Updating SDK android to the last version and downloading the 10810 \o/
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 18:57
Aaaah, I didn't even had the time to try beta 9. Actually, that's a good thing. Now I get to play with beta 10 instead. Like hopefully next week.

I like this short time between updates

Now, back to coding projectiles.

Demo 3 is out now!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 19:23
The VS2010 Tier 2 Template compiles, links and runs just fine.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2013 20:16 Edited at: 6th Apr 2013 20:17
Everything seems to compile fine.

Just afraid about one android crash (only one) when deleting/freeing objects or something else (music ? images ?) when i come back to my menu freeing all the tracks resources of my speed racer game. Didn't happened in beta 9.

(using clone objects)

but i can't reproduce it for the moment.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW finally we got the new beta with the promised templates for VS2010!

Downloading now and going to start some work on AppGameKit!

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 08:16 Edited at: 7th Apr 2013 08:17
You ARE!! You really ARE trying to use up my bandwidth!!

To be honest I really like frequent beta releases I'll download this beta tonight.

Get to work on the enormous amount of bug reports on the issues board, Paul! The number of bugs shouldn't be going up, it should be going down

Clonkex

TheTeenDevs
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the frequent releases too It looks pretty good! How do we get the AppGameKit Player for Android though.......
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 16:22
@TheTeenDevs

The latest player is already on Google Play, dated 6th April 2013, mine updated automatically on my phone this morning.

Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 16:26
@Paul,

I still cannot get Inneractive Ads to show, all code is correct, it used to work and then it stopped a few Beta's ago.
Inneractive say their site is working and it is a coding error.

Could you take another look at this please.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 21:49 Edited at: 7th Apr 2013 23:57
That was an amazing turnaround on this beta, thanks Paul. I've installed and played around a little now, just trying the IAP now....

EDIT 1: HI Paul. Right, I've rebuilt the project and run it on two devices now, but I'm not getting anywhere at all with the IAP - it's now not even starting for an unmanaged product. But I'm getting a very unusual occurrence which I noticed ever since the messaging was changed to the box version, and that's that instructions AFTER the message command are often executing first? I assume this new messaging has moved to background code? If so, are you treading processes as the test device is a Note 2 with a quad core processor, so is it possible the threads are not timing correctly? Below is an extract of the exact code as it is being run by the app, in edited form. Please note, if I rem out the actual purchasing lines everything else runs perfectly.

So here's the outcome, on two testing devices: The very first message displays no problem ("Starting purchase routine..."), but there seems to be the slightest pause before some running background animation stops (this isn't using animated sprites, the code updates frames every cycle, and I've noticed this in other instances too but it never caused a problem). None of the other messages appear at all, including the "You are buying a product..." one (they all display fine when the purchasing code is disabled.

I'm going to play around with some timing delays and a managed product to see if I get any further, but now the billing app itself refuses to even open. :-(

On a side note, on the Note 2, when using keyboard input, the hardware back button still completely kills the app.

Player updated from the new one on the playstore also.

EDIT2:
Ok, I added a 1 second timer checked loop between each message statement, and oddly I got the second message, then the first, then the rest all seemed to work fine, but no google play interface opened up, and it crashed after the last message (which is after I should have purchased the product). It seems to skip this code altogether. Paul, in the first play around I had issues where eclipse was setting the billing api level to 1.4, and I had to change it to 1.5. Now it's downloaded updates and is defaulting to 1.7. Could this be an issue? Are the player on the google play store (dated 06/04) also fixed and ready to go?

EDIT3:
I've now tried both a managed and unmanaged product, and neither works - no purchasing interface comes up which it did for beta 8 (that's when a purchase could be made, however if you cancelled the purchase it still dies). Taking the lines out one by one, the line causing the crash is the line to activate the product, however this makes sense I guess as the purchase interface never actually displays.

The message issue still persists - if you set it to display a message every other alternating line of code with no delays between, they appear in an almost random order, depending on the functions in between them?? I assume this is because background code is executing for some commands that don't action immediately (such as network/purchasing code) and the agk app is continuing to advance?

With regard to my server connectivity issues in the other thread, all this playing around has identified what I know suspect to be the problem. The app needs to communicate with my server before it can progress, which initially seems fine....however the server seems to cease recognizing new clients after about 5 minutes. I've previously released a beta test of my app and it would happily sit there all day long when I was at my day job and I could connect throughout the day, however now I seem to have to restart it after about 5 mins of inactivity (tested with both a pc and phone based version of the app). This appears to be since beta 8 also, but I'm not sure as I ceased work on the server code until the purchasing was functional.

If there's anything I can do to help demonstrate this please let me know - I'm testing this in an effort to add functionality to my app/but also to try and help isolate the problems.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 22:32 Edited at: 7th Apr 2013 22:34
Quote: "- Changed InAppPurchaseAddProductID to add a parameter for the type of product being added"

QUESTION: What difference does this make to the flow process of the in-app purchase if we specify 0 (managed) or 1 (unmanaged)? Is anything handled differently by AppGameKit depending on the type of product? Also, I assume '0' is for managed/nonconsumable? The help ends abruptly without indicating the value.

I haven't tested beta 10 yet to see if it resolves the previously reported Android issues.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 23:04
@ xCept,

Has you install been corrupted? My help reads as such:

Quote: "Use this command to add any product IDs into the list e.g. com.yourcompany.yourproduct.iap. The first product ID you add becomes 0, the second is 1 etc. You must also specify the type of product this is, consumable (1) or non-consumable(0). Consumable products are like coins that can be bought again and again, they are called Unmanaged items by Google Play. Non-consumable products are one off purchases like unlocking the full version of an app, they are called managed items by Google Play. Currently this command is only supported on iOS and Android. "
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 00:05 Edited at: 8th Apr 2013 00:06
@Santman, thanks. I guess I was looking directly in the parameters section which simply says:

Quote: "type - The type of product this is, consumable (1) or non"

I tried updating an APK with beta 10, but when I test the new APK on my Android devices and attempt the purchase process the app immediately crashes and takes me back to the previous screen. In beta 9 it worked smoothly except for trying to restore purchases. I'll wait a few hours and see if anything changes. I set the type to 0 which is non-consumable as I have configured in the store.

(Also when I uploaded the new APK somehow it became immediately published and I can't revert to the old one... So if this doesn't work yet I'll have to rebuild using 1089 but a new version number )
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 00:16
@xCept,

No worries - I never even looked at that part! Lol.

Yeah, I was getting further with purchasing before than I am now, not sure why but I'm sure Paul will figure it out. It appears that the command to activate purchases kills code dead, but that's because the actual billing api doesn't seem to be calling anymore, so it's bound to be something simple. Hopefully.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 03:21 Edited at: 8th Apr 2013 03:23
Well at least it isn't just me still seeing issues with IAP. I ended up reverting back to the 1089 build which at least won't crash it. Seven hours at this on a Sunday is probably enough... Will wait to hear more.

I do notice the manifest file in beta 10 is missing this block which was present in beta 9:

But I'd assume it was removed intentionally due to the upgraded Android SDK.

P.S., I also learned to upload new APKs only after clicking the "Advanced Mode" option on the APK upload screen. Otherwise it forces you to publish immediately which in this case was a bad decision.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 19:19
There is a bug with the prebuilt project which didn't copy the latest files across. Copy the libs folder from the interpreter_andorid project into the interpreter_android_prebuilt project and it should work.

I managed to replicate the inneractive bug, sometimes the content type string returned by their server was greater than 50 characters which wasn't expected and caused the failure, will be fixed in the next version.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 20:22 Edited at: 8th Apr 2013 20:23
The new get image requires that you call SetClearColor(0,0,0) immediately before ClearScreen() and DrawSprite(). It appears that if you do not do this then you end up with either a white background and subsequent calls to SetClearColor are ignored OR you end up with some lovely purple artifacts if you have called any other SetClearColor command.
So unfortunately, the fix only worked for the one example I gave Paul and now is much worse for my game...
Fortunately it is easily fixed with another call to SetClearColor()
I'll post sample code and assets in the issue tracker.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 20:27
Had to attach example of GetImage issue here since issue tracker won't allow an attachment to the current issue.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 20:30
@Paul

Quote: "
I managed to replicate the inneractive bug, sometimes the content type string returned by their server was greater than 50 characters which wasn't expected and caused the failure, will be fixed in the next version. "

Excellent news, thank you.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 22:09
@Paul,

Sorry, not sure which problems you're reply was fixing. I've tried copying the libs folder, but all the files seemed to be the same and the purchasing still isn't working. Can I ask a really daft question? There doesn't seem to be anywhere anymore to add the base64 key for purchasing - the comments now suggest it should be built at runtime but I assume it's still needed? I've tried adding this in, but eclipse just kicks out a duplicate declaration error. Would this stop the store from opening? Does this still go into the security.java file, and if so can you advise where?

@xCept - did you manage to figure out where to put you key?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2013 22:54 Edited at: 8th Apr 2013 22:55
@Santman, the key now goes in AGKHelper.java (src/com/thegamecreators/). It'll be awhile before I get around to testing this again after copying the files Paul mentioned.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 00:07 Edited at: 10th Apr 2013 00:08
Is there known issues with agk and android 3.0?
Or the tegra chppset?

I tryed some 3d samples and get some pretty messed up results.

I tested on an samsung galaxy tab 8.9 1ghz dual core and get around 30 fps and messed up grafix.

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 02:36 Edited at: 10th Apr 2013 02:38
i also have a 8.9 samsung tablet .. and as the galaxy tab 10 (i have both) .. it uses the Tegra 2 device which is especially bad with alpha transparency.

I've tried with the 3.2 stock version and with 4.x cyanogen version and it always the same results. Alpha transparencies and shaders are FPS killers on this chipset. It's not due to a software problem.

Sorry :/
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
It appears that a full screen app on Windows 8 will crash when you hit the start key. Can anyone else confirm?

Sean

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 10:21 Edited at: 10th Apr 2013 10:22
@Hockeykid - I tested the example 3d program on windows 8 64bit with fullscreen=1 and ran fine (using current version of AGK) without crashing
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 12:46
Quote: "It appears that a full screen app on Windows 8 will crash when you hit the start key. Can anyone else confirm?"

Yep, I get this issue in my Tier 2 fullscreen programs on my Windows 8 Ultrabook. It also happens on Alt-Ctrl-Del, swiping from the left side of the screen etc.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Hockeykid - I tested the example 3d program on windows 8 64bit with fullscreen=1 and ran fine (using current version of AGK) without crashing"

Quote: "Yep, I get this issue in my Tier 2 fullscreen programs on my Windows 8 Ultrabook. It also happens on Alt-Ctrl-Del, swiping from the left side of the screen etc."

Odd that it doesn't always happen. I've submitted it to the issues list, hopefully Paul can reproduce it and fix it.

Sean

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 14:51
Quote: "Odd that it doesn't always happen."

Let me suggest that perhaps Bored of the Rings didn't actually try pressing the Windows key or Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Bored of the Rings, please correct me if you did indeed do these things.

Clonkex

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul in the old beta, in core.cpp we could omit the generation of internal agk graphic files (fonts, buttons, joystick)

now these are being generated again, and deleted upon app exit.

the option to not generate them has been removed in core.cpp
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " It appears that a full screen app on Windows 8 will crash when you hit the start key. Can anyone else confirm?"

If it's anything like past betas, the crash may be occurring because of a specific bit of code. Does it crash if you create a new project that simply prints "Hello World" to the screen? When I had this happen, it was a variety of reasons (z-depth being too high a number, cloning a sprite with animations, etc.)

If the blank app works and allows you to minimize etc. without crashing, then you may have to try and narrow down the cause in your actual program and report it as a bug.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 20:15
Quote: "i also have a 8.9 samsung tablet .. and as the galaxy tab 10 (i have both) .. it uses the Tegra 2 device which is especially bad with alpha transparency.

I've tried with the 3.2 stock version and with 4.x cyanogen version and it always the same results. Alpha transparencies and shaders are FPS killers on this chipset. It's not due to a software problem.

Sorry :/ "

Sorry mike but that means agk dont work or have Heavy problems with more then 50 % of the android market.
Agka have problems with android sandwich and maybe honeycomb and tegra devices.
I see this as a software problem.
Some pretty weird result are that agk 3d objects with shaders on are more or less useless and dont displayed correctly.
And more and more i read so does it also seam to be a problem with how the agk shaders are written for 3d objects?
This where pretty new to me as i discovered some info on an tegra site about how to code and not.
The way to code to make things run on tegra works on other devices but if you dont so will it not work on tegra devices.
This concerns both how the 3d is setup and how to code the shaders.

But this could be a step tgc takes to make it work on ios and blackberry also etc?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 20:48
Quote: "If the blank app works and allows you to minimize etc. without crashing, then you may have to try and narrow down the cause in your actual program and report it as a bug."

Fullscreen hello world apps in both Tier 1 and 2 still produce this crash for me. Here are the two examples I tested.

Tier 1

Tier 2

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There is a bug with the prebuilt project which didn't copy the latest files across. Copy the libs folder from the interpreter_andorid project into the interpreter_android_prebuilt project and it should work."

Ditto what Santman said. I copied the libs folder over and have the same crash issue as before, the entire app terminates whenever a purchase is attempted etc. In fact when I tested it the last time it seemed to crash as soon as I tried to setup the IAP. I'll wait for the next beta...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:40:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:40:41