Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Error loading sub image - parent image does not contain sub image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting the following error message when I attempt to use the LoadSubImage command. Using AppGameKit build 1.076 on a WinXP Pro machine.

"Error loading sub image - parent image does not contain sub image A.png at line xxx"

I have the file "CompositeImage subimage.txt" in my Media folder, with the following contents:

A.png:0:0:12:13
B.png:17:0:12:13
C.png:34:0:12:13

Program code:

atlasimageID = LoadImage("CompositeImage.png")
LoadSubImage(1,atlasimageId,"A.png")
LoadSubImage(2,atlasimageId,"B.png")
LoadSubImage(3,atlasimageId,"C.png")

I also tried the sample program provided in the HandsOnAGK book, but received the same error message.

Please advise.
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have the file "CompositeImage subimage.txt" in my Media folder, with the following contents:"

It looks like you forgot the "S" on the subimages filename and AppGameKit can't find the file with the subimage information.

It should be CompositeImage subimages.txt.
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, that resolved the issue. I was referencing figure 16.8 in the HandsOnAGK book, and the "s" in subimages.txt was omitted in that location as well. However, it is correctly stated with the "s" earlier in the chapter. I appreciate the quick and correct response!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:37:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:37:25