Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Unreal Tournament style movement and dodging

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2003 06:16
Does just what the title says. The code is sloppy right now. On a future update you should be able to actually jump. I also hope to add in wall hop and boost. I have a feeling this could all be done much easier using vectors.
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2003 21:35
umm... how about getting the correct angles cuz if you turn around and use dodge with the upkeys you go into the wrong direction :/

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb ddr sdram
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2003 22:36
Really? I didn't see that, but I'll be sure to look into it.
vampyre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 13:25 Edited at: 17th Dec 2003 13:51
Hello Phaelax, can you do that type of code for a four axis Joystick?, including turning left and right? Because I have managed to get my stick to straffe and move backward and forward but I couldn't get it to turn left and right or pitch up and down , I want it so that you can also have the mouse controls and also that you can have a joystick and keyboard, is there any way you can do that please?
vampyre
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually I downloaded your code and tried it , I managed to get the the code to straffe and move forward and backward but I still can't get the joystick to steer left and right.

Can you help at all please?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2003 23:14
You can either strafe, or turn with the joystick. You can't do both at the same time. Unless you have a double joystick control pad like a PS2 controller. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.
vampyre
Years of Service
User Offline
I see, there is no way to modify it ? because I maodifed your code for a joystick , what I have is a Saitek X36 USB and 2 Thrustmaster Afterburner USB sicks and they both have a separate Throttle with a rocker switch which act's as foot pedal's, now I got the throttle to go forward and backward and I can get the the throttle's rocker switch to straffe left and right but somehow I can't seem to get the the joystick part to turn left and right, I hope I have made things a little clearer, I wish to have controls from a 4 axis joystick to mouse and keyboard in my game you see.

I also tried some of the examples that come with Dark Basic but I am getting the same result , can you help at all please?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2003 22:16
Move up and down, thats 2 movements. Strafe left and right, thats a total for 4 movements. Then turning left and right, that totals 6 different movements. If a joystick only moves up, down, left, right, then it can only handle 4 different actions.
vampyre
Years of Service
User Offline
No Phaelax, the throttle moves the charector forwards and backwards, and the rocker switch, (which is in place instead of pedals) is doing the straffing, the joystick part of the H.O.T.A.S system (Hands on Throttle and Stick shoudl be able to at leaset turn left and right but , in the game that is my favorite it can turn left and right and pitch up and down , unless Dark Basic can only handle four axises which would be strange, given that Direct X 5, 6 7, and 8 can handle up to six axise's and since Dark Basic is supposed to be based on Dx 8.1 it should be able to handle up to Six axis'es
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2003 10:21
Take a look at the joystick commands in the help file. Try some of the different functions like joystick slider and such. Maybe one of those will handle what you want. But I think DB only handles one actual stick.
vampyre
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Phaelax, nice code by the way

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:55:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:55:36