Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Video Playback Issues

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 19:27
Hello all,
Is anyone having issues with video playback. I have tried many version of AppGameKit but they all fail. Trying the video.mp4 file provided in the examples area I get an error. See attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 19:43
Have you tried the newest v10811 yet?

I just did and tested the video playback Tier 1 sample. It worked on Windows and on the Android Player available in the Play Store and on my just built iOS Player.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
ACKohollic
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 19:57
Ancient Lady,
I just deleted the bytecode in the Media floder and the app.exe and couldn't get the video.mp4 to work but did get the video.wmv file to work. Funny thing is I also tried an avi file and that works now also. Go figure. Thanks for your fast response. Happy coding
ACKohollic
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 20:30
Hello,
Just deleted the bytecode file and the app.exe file but No Go. I did on the other hand get the video.wmv file to work and I then tried an AVI file format and that worked. go figure right. Still cannot get the mp4 file to work but some success is success. Thanks for the fast response.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 21:08
Unfortunately Windows doesn't come with mp4 support built in, you can install a codec for it but we recommend using wmv on Windows for out of the box support. mp4 is supported on iOS, Mac, and Android.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 01:15
I agree with Paul. This is why HTML5 permits you to declare several files and it will pick the one it can play.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 04:07
And, since you can tell what sort of device you are on (iOS/Android/Windows), you can include both video types in you media and select the best one for the platform.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:14:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:14:06