Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Does AGK support bone based 2D animation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 10:21
Does AppGameKit support bone based 2D animation?

I want to make some characters, they can walk, jump, scroll, fight and so on. I wanna use bone based 2D animation, does AppGameKit support it? And How should I do?

The Miracrea Games
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 10:29
You can create your own set of commands for Spriter or Spine. Both are currently Beta versions of animation software that can produce the effect you are after. I have a system I am using in a game I am making for TGC. There is a free version available here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197029&b=48&p=5

But that version does not export currently. I can send you a Beta version with a full Tier 1 command set if you like but as I said it is not 100% complete. Send me an email if you are interested.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 10:33
Thank you very much! I use C++ and Tier2. So can you teach me how to make a bone based 2d animation system? I can write one in C++ by myself. Would you introduce some articles and books for me ?

The Miracrea Games
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 11:54
I just made my own system up Halley, sorry I didn't use any reference material.

I basically use a sprite offset for the "top" of the bone and use a hierarchy system for moving "child" sprites when the "parent" sprite is moved / rotated. It can be very simple if you don't start adding the option to scale sprites too.

My own system produces a text file containing animation data. There are already a number of C++ libraries for Spriter and perhaps Spine that you might find more useful. I believe the intention is to include these libraries (or our own version) in AppGameKit eventually.

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 12:06
Hi Baxslash,
How should I use Spine data file into my game? I've no idea now.

The Miracrea Games
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 12:11
I haven't personally used Spine I'm afraid. I am a backer but I haven't followed the project very closely as I have been too busy. If you would like a full version of my SpriteFX tool to try out I can provide some sample code (Tier 1) which would not be too hard to convert.

Spine, Spriter and SpriteFX will all produce a spritesheet if that is how you wish to work but they all differ in the animation data they produce. Perhaps if you email me directly with some basic details of your project I can point you in the right direction?

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 13:34
How should I use spritesheet? How should I connect the spritesheet and sprite in game?

Can your SpriteFX be used in the game?

The Miracrea Games
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 13:51
Halley, attached is a simple project I have made using a character I made in SpriteFX. This is using a spritesheet. I will also try to post some code for using the animation system when I have tidied the functions up a little.

Making a character in the first place is the key to it. I will try to post a video soon.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2013 09:49
baxslash, Thank you very much!

The Miracrea Games
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2013 17:34
I thought you gave up on that project. I am glad to see it come to life. I hope to see the project for sale soon.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2013 17:37
Quote: "I thought you gave up on that project."

No, I've been using and building on it. I still want to add a number of things before it is finished (or even fully usable). For example I want to be able to keep objects selected and have a couple of panels for hierarchy. It's getting there slowly.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2013 17:52
That's good to hear. Best of luck getting every thing up and going. I did like what you have so far. I was working with it. I can see it will be a great tool. Maybe I should have waited before I bought Crazy Talk. None the less looking forward to your tool.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 07:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 07:06:29