Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 108.11 Help (missing docs)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 03:14 Edited at: 17th Apr 2013 03:30
After having just upgraded from 107.06 to 108.11, I noticed the following.

What happened to the EnableClearDepth documentation page in AppGameKit 108.11... The TIER 1 interpreter still recognizes the command but the documantation page is gone from the local help docs.

Also, the following commands appear to be recognized by the TIER 1 interpreter, but there are no local help docs for them:
- getcl
- getpushnotificationtoken
- getruntime
- issoundrecording
- pushnotificationsetup
- recordsound
- setrawwritepath
- setvsync
- stopsoundrecording

Is the documentation going to be updated, or are these supposed to remain undocumented?

EDIT: Oh, and could you please fix the documentation for the "spaces()" command. It's been misspelt in the docs since the beginning of time... TIER 1 interpreter recognizes it as "spaces", but the docs keep refering to it as "space". I don't even use this command, this discrepancy just bugs me. The spelling mistake can be readily seen in the online docs aswell:
http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Core/Space.htm

EDIT2: GetHTTPFileProgress is another command that the TIER 1 interpreter recognizes, but you won't get any context sensitive help for this command in the TIER 1 IDE. It's local help page is incorrectly linked with the command "GetHTTPProgress". Fix, please.

EDIT3: The command "setrawwritepath" is another case similar to the one above. It's local help page won't show, because it's linked with the command "setwritepath", incorrectly. So, which is it really supposed to be "setrawwritepath" or "setwritepath"?

Cheers,
AgentSam
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 04:22
The v10811 documentation leaves a lot to be desired with regards to a lot of commands.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 09:48
Hi, thanks for the heads up. I'll ask Paul to start documenting these areas now.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 17:03
And the Extras documentation too.
Why don't add an example in every command?
If you need help, just ask!

Long life to Steve!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2013 02:28
Thanks for letting me know, some of these I would never have noticed.
Quote: "
EnableClearDepth
getpushnotificationtoken
pushnotificationsetup
setrawwritepath
setvsync
spaces
GetHTTPFileProgress
"

Fixed

Quote: "
getcl
getruntime
issoundrecording
recordsound
stopsoundrecording
"

Those are undocumented because they either don't work properly or are for internal use.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 01:11:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 01:11:54