Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3ds files not retaining their texture information correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've not been able to get either .3ds files to correctly display their textures when used more than one bmp.

For instance, I created a cube in 3ds Max R4, detached two faces, texture mapped the them (each with seperate textures) and then exported the whole cube (now with two detached, texture mapped faces of course) out as a .3ds file.

Upon loading and displaying the .3ds cube the textures were completely wrong. One of the faces of the cube showed the correct texture (although it was rotated the wrong way around), and the other faces were lacking their textures.

I can send you the cube if you'd like.
JustLuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the last garbled post... I rewrote bits of it and posted the message without checking to make sure it all made sense. I hope you understand what I meant!

Binary Moon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 14:07
Have you tried the patch. It's supposed to fix 3ds loading errors. Look in the support section for a link to the page.

In fact here ya go:

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/patch1.php

JustLuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, but I'm already using the patch.

There are still significant problems with how DBPro displays .3ds format models. Not only with texturing, but also in the way it renders untextured models too.

I've tried a handful of different 3ds models now (some textured, some not) and not one of them has been displayed 100% correctly, although the problems seem to differ from model to model.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:20:46