Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Swamp Survivor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 17:40 Edited at: 25th Apr 2013 21:12
SWAMP SURVIVOR

Description: everything you have to do is to survive. You can even find a place to live and be there until you need food. The problem is that you live in an abandoned town filled by water (a giant swamp).

Storyline: Somewhere in European Russia there is an old (more than 30 years) town, which was populated by scientists, they were testing time management systems (giving the ability to return the past). After the failure the whole town was abandoned and forgotten. Due to climate it became an eternal and misty swamp. Yes, by some reason you turned to be there, and there is no obvious exit. So, the only way to survive is to find a place to live, the food to eat and water to drink.

What's interesting and what's done:

Weather system (rain, snow, water, fog, mist) - DONE
Food system (water, snacks, meat) - DONE
Time management system (return some places into the past) - DONE
Really LARGE maps - DONE
All custom media (town) - DONE
Storyline - DONE
Enemies - DONE
Weapons - PARTLY DONE
HUD - UNDONE
Menu and savegames - UNDONE
Debug - UNDONE

Screenshots:

Video with demonstration of weather system and time management system (more videos coming soon) WATCH

I have deen developing this game more than 6 months, and now it is slowly nearing completion. Otherwise, I am strongly running out of budget, so if you are willing do pledge (donate), please do it! Every amount is OK. There is no KickStarter or other services in Russia so you are the last chance.

What you get for donation (even if you donate 1 cent):
Weekly updates with tiny playable demos showing latest changes
Forever-free full version of this game

How can you donate: send ANY amount to PayPal account oneday@bk.ru

FULL VERSION IS GOING TO BE RELEASED IN JUNE

Let's Rock!
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 17:55
Wow, this is a really cool idea that i haven't seen done in FPSC that often. I really like the fact that you are using water that is not a to used feature in FPSC.

MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, I believe that game is going to be out for you friends earlier - in may!
Please tell somebody what I need to do (with TGC) to make the game commercial if everything I use is bought (all models from packs and FPS Creator surely too). Do I need some other agreements?

Let's Rock!
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 14:12
You don't need an agreement, as long as everything in your game is allowed for comercial use. That includes official model packs, and anything on the fourm that allows comercial use as long as you give the proper credit.

MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
Tomahawk, OK, got it, some more work is going on. And yes, water here in this game is one of the key elements.

Let's Rock!
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2013 02:39
This looks very interesting, I like the concept and it looks like it could have some really decent gameplay.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Apr 2013 12:02
This looks like a great idea!

When you say "really LARGE maps" does that mean you've modified the source in order to increase the map size?

Anyway, I can't wait to see more!

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
Map mechanism is like in STALKER SoC - you pass through gates. Surely, the whole mechanism is like STALKER - you lose health in clashes with enemies, chemical and other infected places, in fact, you lose it constantly in a so unfriendly place to live. You can gather different items like food, water, snacks, ammo, items, pills, syringes, mixtures etc (found in bunkers, abandoned buildings, secret places) and just survive - even if a monster visits your house, you breathe toxic mist and slowly lose your health.
You also can bring lots of food to your house and live in it safely until you begin losing health again.

Let's Rock!
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
All is left is to make the game neat - I have no menu, HUD, videos etc. So I need to compile it all into a playable indie-game, then it will be released. I began, as I believe, in september.

Let's Rock!
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
There's some more. Thats a "safe heaven" - the place with light and warm where you can restore health and live a bit, until you need new drags and food. There will be multiple "safe heavens" throughout the game.

Let's Rock!
gcraftr
Years of Service
User Offline
Good job creating an abandoned and desolate atmosphere and environment! Looking forward to harsh survival in the world that you have created!
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
gcraftr, thanks! You will recieve the first demos till the end of this week.

Let's Rock!
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
That's some non-ready stuff for FPSC. If you want I can release ALL done for this game as a model pack!

Let's Rock!
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
Locations vary too - otherwise, electricity in such a dark place a the part of the main plot

Let's Rock!
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2013 22:49
I had an idea, maybe you could retexture the hands to be a little bloody or something like that. Just my opinion

MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, I'll say more, default weapons will be changed at all. It just took ages to make models of all surronudings.

Let's Rock!
MaximSokol
Years of Service
User Offline
Speeding development up, more models and features are coming

Let's Rock!
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 02:29 Edited at: 30th Apr 2013 02:31
hey maxim sokol i was wondering if u would share your fire decal with me the decal your using for the fire in the barell are you using the stock fire decal and just adjusted the settings or is it from the fps decal pack? maybe you could share the right settings with me so i can get the fire that small in my game i have been trying tomake fire for a barell and have had no luck mesing with the settings lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 17:23:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 17:23:03