Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Problems with editboxes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 19:21
Hi guys,

is anyone else having problems with editboxes.

When i broadcast my app to my device it does not display any text in the boxes.

the text appears when broadcast to pc just the androind player.

Rickynzx
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2013 19:35
same problem, my app shows only numbers (on Samsung Galaxy Gio), it seems that TGC has got many problems to address and solve this bug.
I had to develop a custom input dialog to allow people insert name in the scoreboard.
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 00:55
was hoping i was doing something wrong, i dont really fancy having to program a custom input dialog.

Ill continue with my app for the moment and hope that it will be sorted out soon.

I can still test on pc and hopefully on player on my device soon.

Im not sure if it works once you create and .apk, maybe its just the player that does not work.

Ill try making apk once my app is finished to see if it works.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 01:02
I've not had any problems with edit boxes myself, do you have some code I can test?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 01:48
One of the things to be careful about is setting the size of the font and the size of the EditBox.

If you set the font size before the box size and it is larger than the default, the text does not display.

Also make sure to not set the font size larger than what the edit box supports. That is one of the reasons the text does not display.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 15:25
I downloaded the latest beta of AppGameKit as i was still using 1089.

i tried my app and the same thing happened again, after leaving it for a couple hours went back to it and the exact same code now works fine.

Im beginning to wonder if it could be possible that my device is at fault, have been having trouble with it doing lots of strange things the past month. i get a new phone on friday and ill try it on that to see if it works ok.

Rickynzx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:31:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:31:14