Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Convert game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 12:36
Hi.

I want Learn Darkbasic Pro, and I have question that if I made a game with darkbasic, could I convert My project to AppGameKit and export for other Pltforms?

THANKS
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 13:09
While both are similar, it is much much easier to code in AppGameKit from start.

Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 13:41 Edited at: 24th Apr 2013 13:42
Quote: "While both are similar, it is much much easier to code in AppGameKit from start."

Thanks.

In this case, It is better that I Learn AGK.
Do AppGameKit had programming language Tutorial Similar DarkBasic?
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 14:28 Edited at: 11th Jul 2013 23:03
There are several resources you can use to learn AGK. I'm not sure if I'm able to give a complete list, but you can learn from:

[included examples & code]
AGK comes with quite a lot of examples in the form of working, compilable code that explain how several concepts and commands work.

[the code-snippets forum]
This forum-section is used by forum-members to freely share programs and functions they have created with others. It can also be accessed from your profile-page, where you can use a filter to show AGK-only code.

[online tutorials by Steven Holding]
Fellow programmer and forum-member Steven Holding (a.k.a Baxslash) has put some tutorials online that should give you a good start.

[online video tutorials]
Several people have put together video's wich the've put up on sites like Youtube. Quite handy if you like this way of learning.

[AGK-specific books]
There are two good books avaiable that teach you the ins and outs of programming in AGK. They are: 'Hands on AppGameKit Basic' and 'Teach Yourself Game Programming for Android and Windows'. They cost money but are (imho) certainly worth their price.

[interacting with the forums]
The AGK-forums are the central place for asking questions and obtaining new insights. A lot of posts contain a treasure-trove of info and I must say I really like the friendly atmosphere.

There's probably more, but well, this list should give you some pointers on getting started.
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2013 20:19
Thanks Zerotown.

This is good

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 03:33:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 03:33:32