Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Are there plans to update AGK for Pascal

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 02:49
Are there any plans for anyone to update AppGameKit for Pascal to version 108.10/11
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 05:35
There's a pascal version? I haven't touched pascal in nearly 15 years.

"You're all wrong. You're all idiots." ~Fluffy Rabbit
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I imagine it'll be updated once the final release of 1.08 is out. Right now everything since 1.076 has been a beta build and therefore it wouldn't be worth the energy to keep the Pascal version maintained with code and commands that may still change before the final release.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 10:00
That's right. I know Erik has been working on it, but I don't think we want the flood of experimental versions!

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
Neslib
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 18:55
Yes, I'm working on it, and most new features are already working on Windows and OS X. Still need to work on iOS and Android.

Since there are still some API changes between beta releases, I am waiting to complete the new version until the final release of 1.08 comes out.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2013 20:34
Quote: "There's a pascal version? I haven't touched pascal in nearly 15 years."

Jim and neslib is working together on an third party pascal version.
I Think its supported by tgc also.
I Think jim beta tests and neslib writes it ?

I Think its great with more ways to work with agk

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 00:13
Erik does it all. I just mess.

It's a very elegant implementation, with helpful things like vectors built in. And, of course, a modern OOP language with all the goodies that come with that.

Personally, I think Erik is right not to chase all the incremental betas and wait for a stable release before issuing an update.

The AGKScene system is miles ahead of anything available in Basic or C++ versions, as far as I can see.

Davee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 00:53
Thanks for your replies.

That is excellent, I can't wait. I have not used pascal for nearly 13 years myself. I remember when Delphi version 1 came out, the full IDE was a feature on a magazine disk, uni started using Delphi to teach event driven windows programming.

I would really like to get into using pascal to create android apps, rather than going down the route of learning C++.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2013 10:34
Delphi has come a long way since D1...

Delphi XE3 produces fully compliant applications for Windows, OS X and iOS from a single code-base, with the UI adapting automatically to the device if you want it to.

AGK for Pascal is free for registered users, and so is Lazarus and Free Pascal - these are needed for Android development. You can see how this is done on:

http://www.bilsen.com/

If you are registered you will find AGKPas in My Products.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:51:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:51:08