Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Issues i found out working with tier 1

Author
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2013 10:53
--------
Issue 1 - Endfunction bug.

Something i found in the ide..

when wrtiting a new function not always but sometimes
after endfunction i need to put another space so it would recognize that this is the end of a funciton..

if i dont the endfunction command is not highligted blue and may cause the compiler to stop before done.

Suggestion 1 - function with AppGameKit command as name should be highlighted in diffrent color then blue maybe red or something to show..

hi you are using a name that already exists in AppGameKit system therefor cannot use it.

also i have huge probelm...
i got some sprites covering the entire screen and i am now implenting Text but the texts dosent show... ive changed the text depth but still... dosent show... i wonder why this is happening

ty for your time.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 11:05
It only does that when writing on the very last line. Its not isolated to 'endfunction' either, it does it for all commands. As soon as you save, it adds an extra line anyway so is never really an issue...

As for your second issue, could you post some code? I've not experienced this issue and I have many text objects above a large background sprite...
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 11:07 Edited at: 3rd May 2013 11:07
i use a newline after the last endfunction, if not it have a different color.

maybe you use the text functions in the wrong order or
you use not the virtual resolution 100,100 (100%).
remark SetTextScissor if you use it.

just put the create text in a Test Function and call it before all starts and use a do-loop with sync and wait pointer press exit
to find the reason.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 11:33
No key words will be highlighted (or compiled in all likelihood)) until you finish writing them. This is detected by using another character such as a space, carriage return or parenthesis. I normally leave a blank line at the end too although a space after the word will also work.

Please post some code that demonstrates your text bug?

If you have any reproducible bugs please post them on the bug board. It is highly unlikely they will be spotted by any of the core team here.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2013 11:51
ok thank you will try your suggestions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:26:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:26:35