Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Google Hires Noah Falstein for Android Play Studio - rumoring commence!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 17:20
Ars Technica article here

A couple of rumors I've hear so far is that:
Google is going to build something akin to Apple's Game Center.
OR
Noah's been brought in to develop games for Google, Inc.

I'm hoping both will occur and that the Google Play store will get some serious upgrading to allow you to search for game a bit better (no way to find multiplayer games, how many players, requires internet connect, etc. etc.). The recent facelift to the store is nice, but it needs more functionality.

I'm wondering if we'll see more like this
http://chrome.com/supersyncsports/
Or if there will be more games like Ingress from Google.

I'm not sure if this i sa field they should bother with much, I certainly would rather they spent all of their resources upgrading functionality, but when you have that much money I guess you can explore whatever you want.

What do you guys think this new hire means?
What would you like to see improved about Google Play and the likes?

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 17:47
What I want to see on Android is a different attitude about buying games. Most users want free games.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2013 18:07
I don't think Google can help that!
That would take a concerted effort among 10s of thousands of developers to stop offering free games.
It is completely to Google's advantage to try to get people to actually spend money in the app store, so I do imagine they have this in mind.

I'm talking about what do you want to see from Google here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:51:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:51:13