Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Okay, so I switch to v10811 (and how I got the AGKSplash.png to show in landscape in Android)

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 22:27 Edited at: 8th May 2013 22:38
Not being able to figure out what I broke that causes my app to crash on Android when using the keyboard, I decided to see if the same thing happened in v10811.

It doesn't.

Furthermore, with a little editing of the AndroidManifest.xml (details in a moment), I was able to get my landscape AGKSplash.png file to display properly in landscape mode while the app starts up. It even showed up within a couple of seconds on the first run after installation.

And the cursor shows up in the EditBox.

So, I will continue working in v10811 and go on to my final testing (and maybe include all the Facebook stuff).

Now, add the following as part of every activity definition in AndroidManifest.xml (these are the bits that start with '<activity' and the text is included before the closing '>' or '/>' for the '<activity'):
android:screenOrientation="reverseLandscape"

The above will put it in landscape with the home button on the left.

This is what my cleaned up AndroidManifest.xml file looks like for v10811:

Since the name of my company and the name of my WIP are both public information on my game website (www.triassicgames.com), I didn't bother to change that information above.

The splash screen will resize and center itself so that all of it is visible.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 23:02
*cheers and claps*

Welcome to 10811
If you get Facebook commands working properly please share!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2013 23:09
I will always share.

I should note that the AndroidManifest.xml fixes don't work for v1076. Don't know why. But it is probably hidden in the AppGameKit core stuff.

I had a test in iOS that seemed to post okay (on my page only, since it is not a live app). I am going to add that (only for iOS, Android and Mac) and test it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
AL What do you mean the "AndroidManifest.xml fixes don't work for v1076"? Is it certain parameters? The entire file? I am using v1706 and I'm considering switching too v108+. Also when my game loads the splash screen doesn't stay in the portait orientation. After a few seconds it shifts. In the AndroidManifest.xml file is have this line android:screenOrientation="sensorPortait">
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2013 16:55
The bit that I added ('android:screenOrientation="reverseLandscape"') to get the AGKSplash.png to display in landscape does not work in AppGameKit v1076.

A portrait orientation is not the issue. It is when you need the app to start in landscape and the AGKSplash.png is a landscape image.

I believe this is because there were changes made in the core AppGameKit for Android that used the particular settings in the AndroidManifest.xml related to initial orientation.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:05:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:05:38