Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / X Flight [FULL GAME FOR FREE]

Author
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 03:38
Quote: "Try only what's in the atmosphere to get the coordinates."

How do I do that?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Nitrogen is the most abundant on that planet......

The fastest code is the code never written.
Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 01:08
Is it color-coded?
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. You're over thinking it.

"Go up with what you need" (oxygen 26%): 26N
"Right with what's most abundant" (nitrogen 53%) 53E

26Nx53E

When you land, go south east and you will see the ruins.

Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 08:01 Edited at: 11th Aug 2013 07:08
Wow, sure enough, I found them right where you said they'd be. The whole percentage thing should have been in the riddle since it's kind of arbitrary if you ask me. Maybe something like "cents out of a dollar". So, I collected something called "Shimmering Ball" and "Follow the bread crumbs", but they didn't add anything to my inventory and Tolo has no more clues for me, so I suppose I have to follow bread crumbs (a trail of stars, perhaps) away from the horseshoe.
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Those items are log entries.

When you hear "yellow eyes" and "the sword", those are referring to clusters of stars...... Just helping in advance.

Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 11th Aug 2013 07:26
More hunting around for stars. It was fun, and I'm sure I will have more fun with it in a few weeks when I have more time. Thanks.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 21:46
hey man, just gave this a try and it is quite well done! everything works and functions smoothly, there is plenty to do and stay interested in.

only two critiques so far, 1 could use more feedback/confirmation on successful save game, i find i save two or three times just to make sure as nothing ever seems to say that the save completed ok.

2 the tutorial suffers from a bit of information overload, i feel it would work better broken into smaller chunks, introducing menus more individually as they become relevant. it kind of felt like i had to memorize a lengthy manual before i could even begin playing.

all in all, its fun and engaging and i'll be playing through it more as time permits

I'm gonna be king of the moon dots!
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments.

The tutorial was made so that you could read a little, then do a little. I made it "wordy" because I had some complaints about people not understanding how to play a "click here to do stuff" kind of game......

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2013 21:16 Edited at: 13th Aug 2013 21:17
Quote: "
The tutorial was made so that you could read a little, then do a little. "

yeah, at first i didnt realize you were expected play the game while going through the text box content, once i figured that out, i think what through me off was that the box never closed/reopened (or auto advance on event/prevent advance until event) to give a sense of segments or break points and so felt as one big flow instead of bite sized chunks if that makes sense.

I'm gonna be king of the moon dots!
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
At the bottom of the tutorial page, there's a button to hide it. If you want it back, you can go into the main menu/options/options and there's a button for showing the tutorial. You can also move the tutorial box around the screen to keep it out of the way....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:05:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:05:18