Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 25th May 2013 05:33 Edited at: 26th Jul 2013 05:50
[UPDATED 26/July/2013]
I've now added an integrated level editor!!!
The problem with it is that you can't rotate objects!
I'll get around to that

All that's left is testing and making the free version.

Check out the video!

*************Description for Google Play***************
Blast your way through 80 puzzling levels with Neon Bunniez! Combining fun gameplay with awesome graphics and catchy music, this game is a must play!
Launch our glowing buddy through space to collect those Golden Stars.
The Golden Stars remain hidden in each level until you collect the red 3 stars, and Teleporters, Lasers, Moving blocks + much more, ensure that it never gets old!
Simple, but Addictive!

Here's just some of it's great features:
80 Levels, ranging from Easy to Insane!
Hi-tech Graphics
5 Unique Soundtracks
Simple but fun Gameplay
Teleporters
3 Awesome Minigames!
4 Stages, providing the ultimate challenge
Lots of Secrets
NO ads

Still aren't convinced? Try the free version first: [URL]

Check out the video for more info

Go on, Get Charged!

>Download it Here<

[28 Mbs)

SCREENS:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 23:23
Hey MissJoJo, I've just had a go and this is pretty good. If you post some screenshots, I'm sure you'll get lots more comments.

I think the way you've predicted where the bunny will go is really impressive; how did you do that? It isn't always 100% accurate but if it was, it would take a lot of the skill out of it.

I like the graphics overall but as you suggest, there are a few things which could do with more polish. For instance the fact that the outside bounding boxes are not even doesn't look so good, and the buttons in the menu could do with some work. Also on the gameplay mechanic, at the moment, there is very little reason to ever get less than all the stars because you have infinite slingshots. Maybe you could have limited slingshots so that you have to collect all the stars with a given number of shots, or have each shot cause your score to go down a little. Either way, just encourage players to be accurate.

Anyhow overall, it's looking good and the gameplay is interesting and fun. Maybe add a pause at the end of each level so that the player can see that they've won and then get them to click back to the main menu? I look forward to seeing your progress with this.

RichardH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 06:16
Wow pretty cool. I love how smooth the level select screen is. Did you use the AppGameKit physics function for that screen, or just calculated your own movement? Either way it looks and feels pretty smooth. The gameplay is fun, although I think if it was on the phone the bunny might be a small point to touch while it is moving. Also, the levels are interesting, and it would be cool to see how your level editor works. Are you ever planning on making the level editor part of your game?
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 06:54 Edited at: 30th May 2013 08:24
Lucas Tiridath,
I posted in the AppGameKit product section about the physics prediction, here's the link to the thread. third post from the bottom has the basic code I use, I've done a couple of updates since, but this is the basic idea.

RichardH,
I use my own physics system for this:

I've considered putting in a level editor for players, but probably not as it would require a lot of work to put one in. If the app goes well, I might make a sequel or an update that has a level editor in it.
My current level editor is a real pain to use it's good enough for me, but I'd definitely need to massively improve it for a release version.

RichardH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 01:21
Ha yeah that's exactly how I feel about my level editor and it was supposed to be for the players. Somehow I kept adding functionality and eventually it became a confusing mess. Hope you get to add all of the to-dos soon.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 06:14 Edited at: 31st May 2013 06:20
Updated in first post, I've included my level editor!
and other feature enhancements (cool techno/Tron style music composed by yours truely

RichardH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 04:33
cool i got the sixth stage in one shot but then it crashed... something about "out of bounds in gameover." The level editor is plenty simple enough for people to figure out except trying to save a level gets complicated. Cool stuff so far.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2013 05:07
Updated in first post again.
I didn't include the level editor this time and the file format is incompatible with the old version.
Most of the changes are with the core, not the interface, so don't expect a huge difference in the way it looks

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2013 06:39
13/June/13
Updated in first post again!
this time there have been more noticeable changes:
different music (I got bored with the old one, new one's too melancholic though perhaps?)
[some]SFX
Heaps more levels
one Minigame (unlocked from start, it will not be this way in release version, you will unlock a minigame for each stage you complete)
< Continue > option
[some] New graphics

still to come:
more levels
more minigames
more interface options/features
a few graphics updates

THEN IT'LL BE FINISHED!!!! (YAY!, I'm sick of this project already )

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2013 18:03
nice game
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2013 06:21
updated in first post again.
Now my graphics are legal!
excuse the music, It's just something cool, not at all in style with the game

basically it's just general updates, game is approaching playable stage!

btw:
I first mis-typed it escuse, not excuse, and Firefox spell checker thought it was Ceausescu, whatever that is

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2013 16:17
I have a basic dislike of spell checkers that automatically change the word.

Ceausescu

Oh, and your app looks pretty cool.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2013 10:25
Updated again (7/July/2013)
This is the BETA release

now with 80 levels (all I'm adding)
3 minigames
and stuffed with secrets (Easter eggs)

Heaps of changes, bloated all the way up to 35 Mb's (13 Mb's last time)

The final app will be either $0.99 or $1.99, not sure which yet.

Could some people please write some 'reviews' about it?
I want to have some in the Description on Google Play, just quick simple things, you know the sort, like the one's in Ninjump's description

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 06:23
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 11:29
Hi MissJoJo. This is progressing very nicely. I just tried the latest version and it's looking very impressive. I did notice a couple of things though. One is that when the bunny runs out of charge, you can't move it, so the game is essentially over. Maybe have it open the end game menu automatically so the player clearly knows it's over, rather than waiting for them to press restart. A bit like how once you've fired all your birds in Angry Birds, if any pigs are still alive, you are prompted to try again rather than just being left there.

Also I've noticed that you still have a few slightly funny overlaps of bars at the edges of levels although it's definitely better than it was. Anyhow I think you've done the neon look really well and the actual game physics is very solid. Oh and having 80 levels (+ minigames) is really good too.

Which stores are you going to publish to? Just Google Play?

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2013 11:58 Edited at: 11th Jul 2013 12:04
Hi Lucas,
Thanks for the comments, the problem is that it's very hard to detect if the bunny is yet to hit a star, which will re-charge it.
If you tap the bunny twice while you can't fire it, it'll come up with a message saying 'Oops, looks like might not be able to finish, try restarting' (this isn't in the uploaded version though).
I will also make the message appear if the bunny stops moving and it's un-charged [I've got to think of a better word .

The overlaps on some of the levels are simply because that's the way they were designed, accidentally. I'll have to go through them and fix them, easy enough. The problem was because the level editor automatically placed them there, and I was too lazy to fix it (I did end up getting around to it, took 15 seconds)

I'm just planning to publish on Google Play at the moment, if it goes really well and earns me enough money to justify buying a Mac (and the developer fee), I might put it on the App Store as well.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2013 08:20
update 17.june.13

I've changed the gameplay method, now you have 4 shots to finish the level.

I've fixed most of the level wall overlaps

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2013 05:50
Updated 26/7/13
I've now added a level editor in-game
I said I probably wouldn't put it in, but because the first 20 or so levels are teaching you how to play, I really need another 20 or so in the free version, and I doubt many people would pay to get just 40 levels.

I've also significantly simplified and improved the help docs.

NB has around 7000 lines of code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:15:53