Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2013 17:52
Looks nice and adds an extra dimension to the Visuals while playing.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2013 03:43
hay bax, i thought you where working for the game creators. Why did they let you go. I not looking forward to writing papers next simester. Well I guess that you don't need them it looks like they are just probley under funded right know. One program i use to write papers is gramatically, it really helps in grad school.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2013 06:59
Great BaxSlash, the game is coming out great!!!
Try to move the clouds perpendicularly to the camera view, like they are going away.
I simply like it!!

Long life to Steve!
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Great looking game baxslash. I really like the depth the new clouds added.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2013 10:29
Quote: "hay bax, i thought you where working for the game creators. Why did they let you go. I not looking forward to writing papers next simester. Well I guess that you don't need them it looks like they are just probley under funded right know. One program i use to write papers is gramatically, it really helps in grad school."

Hi 3d, I can't comment in detail about why I left TGC but it was in the best interests of TGC and we are all still friends

xGEKKOx, thanks! I'll be adding to and improving the clouds later and yes I will be adding more lateral movement.

Grumpy Jedi, thanks I hope so. There's still a lot of work to be done and I have two other minor projects on the go too...

"Here I am trying to do some good for the world..." - Fluffy Rabbit
pedrolbs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2013 20:45
Extremely nice looking game Steven Can't wait to see it finished!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2013 22:23
Thanks

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 20:05
Love the look of this game mate. It has loads of potential. What platforms would you like to run it on? I noticed the tiny icons for spells in one of the vids, so assume you're not intending on a mobile version?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 12:11
Quote: "Love the look of this game mate. It has loads of potential."

Thanks!

Quote: "What platforms would you like to run it on? I noticed the tiny icons for spells in one of the vids, so assume you're not intending on a mobile version?"

I'm only planning Windows to start but I'm keeping iOS and Android in mind including the odd bit of testing on those platforms.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 18:52
I got round to having a go at the demo mate. Unzipped the game, ran the exe, it decrypts and then presents me with Launch/Exit. There is a constant looping blade scrape sound in the background until I hit Launch, at which point the blade sound stops but nothing happens. I hit it about a million times, but no cigar. Exit works fine though!

What's the problemo? Running XP here.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 18:58
Weird. So I arsed about with the INI file. I saw "pack=none", so I took a wild stab and set it to pack=data\game.enc, at which point start up now provides me with an X which allows me to setup an XBOX controller. Launch doesn't work, but if I launch from this new XBOX menu it does!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 19:40
That's pretty bizarre... I'll upload a new version soon that doesn't hide the media using vishnu. It also makes for a much smaller download!

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
The big downside I have with media packers is so many virus scanners these days flag them and automatically delete/quarantine them. Comodo did that with your app when I downloaded it the first time.
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 17:12
Bloody hell, I need to spend more time around here; this is good stuff. I will take a good read of this thread when I get some spare time.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 18:08
Quote: "Bloody hell"

A little off topic. But my Maryland, USA born son learned that this was a good phrase for swearing in the US that generally didn't offend most US people who didn't understand the strength of the phrase in other countries. He learned it from my Aussy husband.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 18:43
Quote: ""Bloody hell"
A little off topic. But my Maryland, USA born son learned that this was a good phrase for swearing in the US that generally didn't offend most US people who didn't understand the strength of the phrase in other countries."

Lol. Really?? It just means 'Oh my word' or 'Oh my gosh'.

I love the music, sound and parallax effects in this game. I hope you get the spare time and resources to reach your goals with this thing Baxslash.

I also think the cloud theme gives it great depth. I've seen some people use foreground effects in their side scrollers that broaden the horizon, are you planning to add some details near the eye or do you prefer it the way it is?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2013 09:58
Quote: "I love the music, sound and parallax effects in this game. I hope you get the spare time and resources to reach your goals with this thing Baxslash."

So do I! I'll keep pluggin away at it.

Quote: "I've seen some people use foreground effects in their side scrollers that broaden the horizon, are you planning to add some details near the eye or do you prefer it the way it is?"

I would quite like this but I'm not sure how it would fit in. I'll keep it in mind. I have used foreground objects in parallax scenes before and it worked quite well.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading the demo now, looking forward to trying this out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:50:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:50:33