Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / virtual button text size

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 00:09
well... it's getting late in the day and maybe my brain power is gone, but I can't find a command to set the text size on a button...
So if I make a button sized at 20 world units then a string of 4 characters can fit in it and no less...

Am I missing something or is this the way it is?

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 01:11
I think that's it. I only drop virtual buttons on for testing anyway these days.

I don't think even changing the default text size affects it, but I could be wrong..

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 01:36
Nah, you seem to be right. I was just going to use them for testing, but my labels are a bit long. Looks like I'll use text objects instead...

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2013 02:13
They are fine for testing only (for me anyway) - doesn't matter if the text overlaps in those cases. I normally just put a quit and a screen save button on the screen for testers, although it's also useful for e.g. changing game state to something like titlescreeen, load level or something..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:27:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:27:52