Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Tier 1] AGK Shader showcase - shaders included

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 12:16 Edited at: 31st May 2013 12:16
Attached is code, media and a few different shaders that you can use freely with AGK.

I'll be adding to this as I make more shaders, they'll all be included for your use.

I may take requests, if they are in my capabilities and wants

My hovercraft is full of eels

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 12:53
Wow, very nice of you to share! I may use the ripple effect for water and possibly lava in my Kingdom game... that would be very nice!

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 14:42
Cool Bax, it would be an honour

Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 19:39
Thank you very much lilpissywilly! From your code, I finally was able to learn a few things about the way shaders work and managed to get a fog effect going.
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 23:48
Very nice. Feel free to share in this thread (completely up to you of course)

Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 16:09
Quote: "Very nice. Feel free to share in this thread (completely up to you of course)"

Certainly! It's not very advanced or anything: I just played with a few variables to better understand the things you did and added a 'range'-variable. I've put the .ps and .vs-files in a .zip file. In my main program I'm using the following code to load and set the variable:

Although I'm still very much learning, I already like the effect it is having and am eager to explore the possibilities. Here's how my game looks without and with the shader:

(shader off)

(shader on)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 17:28
Nice to see that you continou to work on your shaders lilpissywilly
I havent checked the included files but is this an extension from the other shaders thread shaders?

Could you make an tube that shows samples of the shaders?

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 18:57 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2013 18:58
Quote: "Nice to see that you continou to work on your shaders lilpissywilly
I havent checked the included files but is this an extension from the other shaders thread shaders?

Could you make an tube that shows samples of the shaders?"

I don't think there are many more than I had posted in your shader thread Cliff. The thing was that someone wanted help with shaders and instead of explaining I did this test-program and figured why not add it to the showcase for easy referencing if someone else asks in the main forum.

But it's easy to add to, so if you want I can add some of yours from that other thread (such as the wavy grass), of course crediting you for making it.

I've been working on other stuff so I haven't been actively making new shaders lately, I make them on a need basis

I'll consider your youtube idea

Quote: "Although I'm still very much learning, I already like the effect it is having and am eager to explore the possibilities. Here's how my game looks without and with the shader:"

Cool Zerotown, it makes a big difference in how it looks. Nice

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 19:13
Feel free to add any shaders there as i started the thread as i wanted to share.

Only keep in mind that my first ones while i learned are pretty bad and neads adjustments.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:27:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:27:39