Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / DBPro: Receive Runtime Error 7018 when trying to load DirectX model file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 00:17
I can't load the attached DirectX model file in my DarkBASIC Professional program.

I made this file in Blender 2.67b and version 3.0.1 of the DirectX Export script at https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=22795 (this script is included with the Blender Installer)

the file is from the initial scene in blender without any modifications. It should just be a cube.

Not sure if it is a malformed file or if something is being included that DBPro doesn't know how to handle.

Use this code:

+ Code Snippet

God never dies, God is, that is enough.

a game creator's podcast - Coming Soon!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 01:59
Try using triangles instead of quads in your object so that each face consists of two triangles. I'm not sure but I believe DBPro recognises only triangles (often referred to simply, and confusingly, as polygons).
Italy Portugal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 19:24
I tried that, but it's not working (attached is the modified file). I did successfully export to 3DS, though, so I'll stick to that format for now.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 22:22
Looks like the x exporter you're using is broken - it seems to have 8 vertices and 12 normals. I rather doubt that DBPro supports that (and the DirectX viewer won't accept it either ).

It looks as if the exporter has tried to associate normals with "polygons" rather than vertices (each of the six faces consists of 2 triangles). Perhaps your exporter has an option where you specify how the normals are assigned?
Italy Portugal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2013 03:41
I just double checked the exporter, and it is the problem, not DBPro. Thanks Green Gandalf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2017-03-27 21:36:32
Your offset time is: 2017-03-27 21:36:32