Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Wrapper

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 17:35
Has anyone got this to work, as I'm struggling. I've downloaded the wrapper from here http://agkwrapper.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest and I am following the instructions here http://newsfiles.thegamecreators.com/issue110/AGK_NET.pdf, however when I come to add the reference there is no .dll in the AppGameKitWrapper folders. I assume that what I have downloaded is just the source and needs to be compiled, however I've been unable to do that also as it has an unresolved external reference error.

Can anyone shed some light on this as I'd really like to use C# if It's at all possible.

Many thanks.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 20:07
Hmm, doesn't sound official, or legal to me.....

This is my current project, check it out! [href]forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204576&b=8[/href]
This is my website, check it out! [href]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/href]
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 20:20
AGK specifically says that it may not be used with DLLs in the license agreements (I think) and is not designed to use them.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 20:23
As long as the files from AppGameKit are not distributed with it (a user of the wrapper must purchase AppGameKit from us to use it) then I'm not concerned about people developing a wrapper for it.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 20:47
Good to know. Thanks Paul.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Munchy2007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 21:04
The second post (the instructions for how to use it) was from the gamecreators' on site, so I would have been surprised to find it wasn't allowed to be used.

However, I can't compile the wrapper, and I've checked the paths in the project are pointing to my AppGameKit installation folders, so I don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else here got the wrapper compiled and if so can it be posted here?

Thanks again.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
The download for the actual wrapper can be found in the "My Products" section of your account. I just tried it out, and it's pretty cool.

Sean

Munchy2007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2013 00:05
Ahhh! I never spotted it there, thanks so much Hockeykid
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to see a wrapper for Tier 2. Could be community based. I'd pitch in my 2 cents for one. Let me know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:06:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:06:33