Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 00:16
I'm having trouble getting DBPro to load (and animate) Quicktime movies (.MOV) - I'm trying to load them from the root of my D: drive, but it keeps coming up with a 2002 error (file cant be loaded). The file is, of course present, and SP1 installed. I've tried QT6 and various others, but none will load.

What version of .3DS can be loaded into DBPro - any exported from Cinema 4D (exports V4, if I remember correctly), crashes DBPro rather horribly in a debug module.

In addition 3010text .X files (as opposed to bin files) also wont load - will this be fixed in a future fix ?

Aside from that, it seems to work very well.
Yes, I really am THAT good...
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 00:19
Unfortunately it seems traditional for initial DB releases to be a little buggy. The DB team have written a great piece of software but next time they should fix the software a bit better before it is sold, even if we had to wait a few months more.

Others would rather have DBPro as it is initially, but have it earlier.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 00:45
I cant possibly comment...

Unfortunately, QuickTime support is important (to me anyway), which makes it a bit annoying.

.X obviosuly works (which is good), but not the latest version (which is not good) - the obvious way around is to convert my objects into the older version for the time being.

Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 01:07
Have you tried using a different video codec?

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 01:21
.AVI works, if thats what you mean... If you mean a different version for QuickTime - I've got the latest one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:34:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:34:08