Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't get this DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2013 21:03
If I have menu choices I can get things to convert from int to string, I can get strings to print. I have learned a few things BUT,

I can use dbPrint to print a word (Selection) if the choice is say 1 I can get that to print after selection but it will only show up after I hit enter. Is there a way to get it to print as soon as the user hits the 1 key?
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2013 21:53
When you turn sync on you are taking control of when your program synchronizes. I keep hearing that you're attempting a text adventure. If I were you, I would leave the sync turned off. The problem you are facing with dbInput() is that this function halts program execution until the user types in the response. This is why it doesn't show until after you hit enter. If you still feel you need the sync on you can turn it off before getting the input and then turn it back on.
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2013 22:28
Cool don't think I need it! didn't even think of that! THANKS!
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2013 22:52
Happy I could help. When programming using DarkGDK there are only two things you need. You need to include the DarkGDK header and the main DarkGDK callback function. All other functions used really just depend on the type of program you're working on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:58:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:58:50