Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 108 Beta 13

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2013 21:25
The Player should NOT include a bytecode.byc file by default.

When you copy that directory and rename it for your project, then you add bytecode.byc to other resources and uncomment the line.

But you are right in that the 'Modify...' line is now missing.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, I tried the new APK maker and my ap crashes when wifi is on then too O,o

swis
Interstellar
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 00:11
swissolo, I'm a little confused now. Are you having difficulty getting the Player to run or an apk that you built for your own app?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 00:11
I'm very happy about the compile speed on this one!

Noticed there's some additional strictness on sprite depth which I had to fix in my game from 108.8 but that's all I have seen so far.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 00:39 Edited at: 20th Jun 2013 00:48
Quote: "swissolo, I'm a little confused now. Are you having difficulty getting the Player to run or an apk that you built for your own app?"

Both. AppGameKit Player crashes instantly if I'm connected to wifi and so does my compiled apk app.

swis
Interstellar
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 01:08
Quote: "AGK Player crashes instantly if I'm connected to wifi and so does my compiled apk app."

Is there any chance you could hook it up to Eclipse and get a LogCat output after a crash?
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm I have Eclipse but never did much with it because cygwin never worked properly when I originally attempted to make apks. How exactly would this be done?

swis
Interstellar
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 17:48
Quote: "- Added tier 2 command cImage::LoadFromData to load uncompressed image data
directly from memory"

I don't understand where is the function that use this command...
Someone can help me?

Long life to Steve!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 18:46
Quote: "Hmmm I have Eclipse but never did much with it because cygwin never worked properly when I originally attempted to make apks. How exactly would this be done?"

For the Logcat output you wouldn't need to compile or use cygwin, but you would have to install Eclipse, the Android ADT plugin (which should produce a LogCat window in eclipse) then find the settings page on your device that enables "USB Debugging" and turn it on.

Quote: "I don't understand where is the function that use this command"

In tier 2 you can load an image and get it's pointer like so

where "data" is a byte array of size width*height*4 with every 4 bytes being one pixel in RGBA format.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 18:51
That is realy interesting, I guess it could be used to generate an image...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 21:04
The GetImagePtr command would be very useful for generating images and for keeping media 'hidden'.

I can see having a binary file that doesn't 'look' like an image and then read that into a memory buffer and use the mentioned command to reset the image. Or to generate things wholly in code.

I like the command. It means you can create images from things other than memory blocks (which are limited in size, I think).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 21:20
And the reverse??
If i wanna pass the UIImage Data in a Image for AppGameKit?

Long life to Steve!
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 22:29 Edited at: 21st Jun 2013 23:36
Quote: "For the Logcat output you wouldn't need to compile or use cygwin, but you would have to install Eclipse, the Android ADT plugin (which should produce a LogCat window in eclipse) then find the settings page on your device that enables "USB Debugging" and turn it on."

Ah yes sorry in that last comment I was referring to my old attempts at APK building, not a try at reading the debug. I'll give it a shot tonight
Edit: Actually I'm afraid I can't be of any help because I no longer have java installed on my computer and it appears that Eclipse demands it

swis
Interstellar
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
*bump for post above before this thread fades away*

swis
Interstellar
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2013 01:38
I've attached a special version of the AppGameKit player that will generate a bug report when the settings button is pressed twice. First let it run and crash, then run it without Wifi so that it works and press the settings button twice, this will create the report and offer to email it. In this case if you can't use 3G either then the email part won't work, but it leaves the generated report on the sdcard at sdcard/crashreport.txt, if you can email this to me then it might reveal something.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2013 02:06 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2013 02:13
Oh wow cool thanks for the commitment Paul! I'll try it now
Edit: Did everything you said and sent it through my phone's gmail account (which I never use I'll warn you haha). The installer claimed it would overwrite the existing version of AppGameKit then failed while doing so, so I had to uninstall the original, but that wasn't a problem. Just a bit odd

swis
Interstellar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 19:11:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 19:11:13