Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / My games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 16:35 Edited at: 11th Jun 2013 18:49
Hello everyone!

Check out these cool games I made in Fps Creator X10 I did most of the work about 3 years ago, and touched them up over the past few days.

For the Visions game:

-I did steal most sounds from the Left 4 Dead game :p

-There's a secret video to be found

-I made the vent door an auto door. It is meant to lock behind the player instead, but I couldn't get the skeleton facing the other way and the vent door is no longer see-through like it was in the old Fps Creator (I know how to get the textures back in but even that still doesn't quite work..) So yeah I just made it auto so the player can see the problem when the skeleton spawns

There isn't really any enhanced scripting at the moment in these games, so basically I'd like you all to test them out, give me Feedback, offer suggestions on how I can improve the framerate etc. Just download the zips, extract them, and run Our House.exe or Visions.exe

Our House Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11027586/Our%20house.zip

Our House Description: A recreation of our old house back in Australia :p It's obviously not complete, I've still got to add the roof and include some more things, but it's at a good testing stage

Visions Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11027586/Visions.zip

Visions Description: A very small Horror Game, just testing out some ideas and seeing what works etc. I use a lot of my own scripts like lights that flicker for a short while then turn off

Sometimes things won't work the way they're meant to, but that's to be expected in these early versions! Let me know what you all think of them

Thanks!
Daniel Carnovale

Darkness

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 00:12
You ripped sounds from L4D and you're distributing the games?

nope.avi

Yes, I live in Wisconsin. No, I don't live on a farm.
Darkness93
Years of Service
User Offline
Just for the Visions game, the sounds seemed to fit People send sounds all around the internet, on Youtube for example there's no harm at all in posting whole gameplay videos which have much more of the game's sound included.

But yeah download Our House instead cause that uses all default and my custom content. If someone doesn't want to download Visions cause of the imported sounds then I can't force them :p

Darkness
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 18:58
It's not that we don't want the sounds, it's that we can't legally have them. You're distributing the sounds which are used in a copyrighted work by Valve, so you can't put them in your game and send them around.

Yes, I live in Wisconsin. No, I don't live on a farm.
Darkness93
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright fair enough, I didn't realise it'd be an issue these days cause no one really pays attention to that stuff. Apart from the sounds in the Visions game, I'd still love for people to test the "Our House" game and give me feedback, which has no imported sounds at all from other games. I'd like to know how to reduce the FPS lag in certain places like in front of the Shed, things I can't work out :p

Anyway you're right, I'm sorry for including the sounds so I've removed Visions.zip from Dropbox and won't put it back till I've changed it around In the meantime please download and enjoy the Our House level as I've put far more work into that one!

Daniel

Darkness

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:02:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:02:20