Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Amazon Kindle Fire HD orientation

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 21:03
Well, I just got an Amazon Kindle Fire HD (just because?) and was able to successfully install apks built in Eclipse for AppGameKit projects.

And I was excited to test my WIP. And had to laugh.

The accelerometer reports the wrong sign for x/y tilts. This is a problem for playing my WIP. But it does add an interesting twist and really tests orientation rotation skills trying to get the player to move in the desired direction.

We had a similar issue early on with a device and got it fixed.

The Kindle is based on Android 4.0.3.

The fun part is now figuring out how to fix for the Kindle. It is a device very much not designed for use by a programmer and Eclipse.

But, I have found what looks like the correct page for getting Eclipse to see my Kindle.

Once that happens, I can try and figure out what needs modifying to identify the Kindle and make the orientation of the accelerometer work properly.

(BTW, my WIP works pretty well on my tiny Philips GoGear Connect, Android 2.3.3 with a resolution smaller than my game target. Cool!)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:33:10